Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Book Of Boba Fett - Disney+ (**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Useless Lump

Your idea for “getting the Star Wars tv shows so right” is for one of them to spend an episode and a half episode telling the story of the wrong TV show?

Ans Kathleen Kennedy is the one who greenlit these shows so yeah, by all means, “no more of her”…

cut the dosage…

I did notice the face go a bit wonky in a couple of wide shots but not any sync issues.

damn work though. He did look real most of the time.

maybe too much for him to have his own series but it would be great in the Luke and the whole gang make more appearances.

I don’t like that Luke that look has apparently taken in the whole no attachment rule - it makes sense for Ashoka to still have it in her head - but not someone like Luke who gamble the fate of the entire universe on love.

It also makes no sense to part train him and then send him out into the world.

someone suggested it might just be a test for Grogu and that Luke is hoping he chooses attachment - I hope so. Anybody else feel Luke’s dialogue of Grogu’s heart not being in the training contradicts what we actually see?

I have a awful feeling that next weeks episode is going to end with Ashoka (assuming she hadn’t actually left yet) or Luke intervening in the crime war when they track down Mando to return Grogu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Kennedy has made a mess of the movies. Look at her career, she is a parasite. Spielberg had her around because of friendship not because of what she contributed. Disney will give her the boot soon enough she has been a disaster.

I like the way the story is till told in book of Bobba…. More like a novel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I enjoyed it so far. It has the spaghetti western feel.

You haven’t a clue about movies.

explain how the tv shows are great and that has nothing to do with Kennedy but the movies are and it is her fault?

sure George Lucas made a “parasite” the boss of his company

she is going no where

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

The car/moped chase with the kids has to be the most disappointingly slow chase ever, a Tuskin Raider on a Bantha could out run them.

Otherwise a decent run of epsiodes

Kennedy had big creative control in the movies… firing directors/canceled movies/having a trilogy with no planned story arc. Her incompetence resulted in falling box office returns and critical/fan failure.

Filoni and Favreau have been given a high degree of autonomy and the results have been stellar. Filoni was at Lucas Film long before Kennedy.

Lucas made a mistake, not his first, making Kennedy the boss. Without Spielberg and Lucas around she has been exposed as a fraud, Disney will send her packing soon enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Last two episodes are the most dramatic course correction I have ever seen in a tv show. It's as if the last 3 episodes of the show were lost or they forgot to turn the camera on, so they took the first two episodes of Mando season 3 and literally dropped them into BOBF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,936 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Or become a knight of Ren who were barely ever seen.

Sure she had creative control over the movies but magically has none over the TV shows.

I suppose you don’t like 5G either.

• Advertisement

There was something seriously wrong with the chase alright and I can’t figure out how it passed quality control or what ever they do before releasing it

It feels more dramatic that just a course correction. It turned into The Mandalorian who goes to visit friends on Tatooine.

I have actually been wondering did they panic in response to the reception of the series - I don’t if that is something Favereau would do but I’m certain Filoni wouldn’t.

He seems like a hold the course type - granted his history is in animation where you can’t but hold the course but still…. he always has confidence in where a show is going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

In fairness, she's one of the main parties involved in deciding which projects go ahead and who takes charge of them. She put JJ Abrams in charge of the movies, and they didn't go well (though I will defend The Last Jedi to my dying days). But she also put Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni in charge of the TV shows and they're going well.

She has made some good decisions, and she's made some bad decisions. I think it's absolutely fair to blame her for the movies but also praise her for the TV shows.

Let's face it, Favreau made Iron Man. He also made Iron Man 2.

They couldn't have changed anything in the show in response to reception of the earlier episodes. There was no time for filming, cgi, and The Mandalorian S3 hasnt started filming yet as far as I know so they couldn't just insert footage from it (edit: actually, filming seems to have started in Oct 2021, however with CGI and everything there still wouldn't have been time to just change TBOBF with footage from it). This was always the way the show was going to go. It's just very oddly paced.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Just looking at Kennedy's career it's a mixed bag of solid gold, and total trash; much like any other producer really, but cos she dared to "ruin" Star Wars gets N times the vitriol. As if she somehow, personally, sabotaged the films out of spite.

No one will ever have done more damage to Star Wars than George Lucas.

I wasn’t saying she wasn’t responsible for the good and the bad - she is in charge and it is all on her.

the EltonJohn poster wasn’t blaming her for beams and praising her for the good. He was blaming her for the bad and saying she had no control over the good - basically saying any rubbish to try prove his point to himself.

he was also saying she had creative control of the movies which is not true - Abrams and Johnson had full creative control.

if you feel you have to defend a movie then do you really believe in that movie? This isn’t snark- it is a question.

Johnson is clearly a talented storyteller and filmmaker. With The Last Jedi he produced the best possible film he could with the muck he was given. I’m not saying it is a good Star Wars movie, just that he did his best.

if I was in his place I would have opened the movie a space battle - the First Order being in chaos from losing Starkiller when it turns out enough of Republic fleet survived (or possible another like Mandalore or an outside invasion) attacks and wipes them all out.

the on the island it is revealed that Luke has been hiding there with some Padawans - including his own family.

then just take off from there

im not a writer - but someone out there could make a good movie out of that

production is well underway on Mando since October - I know thsi from reading that Pascal hasn’t been on set at all.

My wonderings were just wonderings - mad wonderings maybe - yes there would have been a lot to get done to release Mando footage early - but I think it is possible they could have done it. Unlikely they did but possible.

I know a couple of casual viewers of all star wars - they just watch, enjoy and move on. No mythology questions or anything. In the aftermath of the last two episodes they have gone out of their way to ask me what is going with this series as they think it is very odd.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

She's one Hollywood producer among thousands - and a successful one at that. I'm not getting drawn into a discussion about her merits when you've clearly got a very large axe to grind for one particular job on a Golden Calf of an IP - warranted or not. If you can't even give her credit for the things she has got right, then there's no discussion to be had.

I really don’t understand Favereau and Filoni’s thinking.

they said they deliberately avoided bringing in characters from other Star Wars is season one so that The Mandalorian series stood on its feet at at first.

then with this show they go out of their way for a crossover and to sideline Boba Fett.

the easiest path can’t be the best one - it is a show about Boba Fett and a crime war. If Boba needs muscle for money then who are the obvious and best choices?

Dengar. 4-LOM. Zuckuss. Bossk (someone for Krrastam to butt heads with).

maybe one of them on the other side with Cad Bane.

and some new burd maybe.

I mean - if even I can come with that easy idea how did they not?

The prequels. They had some good ideas and scenes, but the lowest lows of Star Wars are almost all in the prequel trilogy. Plus repeatedly going back to edit stuff in re-releases of the original trilogy.

Prequels are hugely flawed but had some great moments and I think improved from episode 1 to 3. Also it was a huge leap in the use of technology, similar to the Mandalorian.

But for me this is by far the worst moment in Star Wars history.

I mean this in the nicest possible way but you are the craziest crazy person in the crazy house if you think most of the “low points” are in Prequels.

Unless you haven’t actually seen the Sequel trilogy, then you can be forgiven for this belief.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

They don't need to wait for audience reception to decide something isn't working. And as we've seen with the films, when TPTB of Disney SW decide something isn't working they don't hesitate to just start over. My best guess is Favreau just decided mid-season he didn't want to do BOBF anymore. He probably has the same level of control/influence JJ had on the films.

I don’t know what Favereau is thinking at all.

inqgree that he what’s the same control as Abrams had - which is complete control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,936 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

How can they decide mid season ?

Do you mean midway through shooting the season.

Yes, I think possibly he saw that Morrison's Fett was not a compelling protagonist and that the storyline he planned wasn't working, so he decided to go straight into Mando season 3 instead.

• Advertisement

Difference of opinion, it's all good. The sequel trilogy definitely have low points, particularly Rise of Skywalker. The Force Awakens was designed to replicate A New Hope to try bring new and returning fans in, and The Rise of Skywalker was far too much an over-correction due to the response The Last Jedi got. But so much of the prequel trilogy to me are just unwatchable. The writing and story are largely awful. The performances are very hit and miss (which I don't entirely blame the actors for given the awful dialogue they had to work with). Aside from the lightsaber fights and Ewan McGregor, they're just absolutely terrible.

Anyway, that's probably too big a Sarlac hole to bring the discussion down. All I'd say is that regarding Star Wars, Kathleen Kennedy has made some great decisions, and some bad ones. Ultimately she currently has control over what shape and direction the Star Wars Universe takes, by greenlighting the projects they want to go ahead, getting the right people to create those projects, and making sure they all line up with each other. I think she made a bad decision with bringing Abrams back for Rise of Skywalker, but by having Favreau and Filoni help to shape the TV side of things, she's put the right people in the right place.

Advertisement