Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Book Of Boba Fett - Disney+ (**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Useless Lump

It really does dilute the impact of Mando and Grogu parting ways.

It was such a great scene that I was fine with Grogu being gone for a season or two before he reappears but it seems Favereau and Filoni just wanted to level up the Child’s Force powers and have them back together for the next season.

If they wanted Grogu in season 3 so bad then they could have included his Jedi training in each episode while Mando goes about his business elsewhere. Luke’s face wouldn’t need to be visible in every episode nor would he need to be in every episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I dunno, I fully expected Grogu to be back in Mando season 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It's kind of ironic that Disney+ ad slogan at the moment is "Stories you expect + Stories you wouldn't"

I expected a story of Boba Fett, I didn't expect new episodes of The Mandolorian.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Don't know about the rest of ye all but I personally thought the best episode of the entire series so far was episode 2 when Bobba and the Tuskans took down the train.

Enjoying it though. Great to see star wars still being quality through the format of TV shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Relikk

The only thing that comes to mind about that finale is...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,277 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

All in all a very disappointing series apart from the Mando episode and I agree it kinda reduces the whole ending of Mando season 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,508 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Who was in the bacta tank at the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Crash , bang , wallop - the end.. A pile of junk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,979 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Just do another Mando series. Boba is a binfire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Apart from the first episode, the other Rodriguez directed episodes were the weakest, silliest and most out of place and brought down the overall series from a fairly decent starting position. Even though Favreau wrote the whole series, I think a different directorial and stylistical approach was needed for those ep's (3 and 7).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I actually enjoyed it a lot. Had some crap bits (the Mods are still utterly awful), and well done Boba for saving the town by destroying half of it with a Rancor. The giant droids ended up being fairly pointless too considering they hit nothing but ground and walls.

But a decent amount of the story threads came together well, especially the Tuskan stuff which finally served a purpose, Mando was great as ever, Fennec and Krrysantan (or however it's spelt) were excellent, and the showdowns between Boba and Cad Bane were the highlight. I'm hoping somehow Bane survives, he really lifted the show from his arrival. I actually thought it was going to be him in the tank at the end, but happy to see Cobb Vanth has somehow survived and might be getting a bigger role.

Wasn't a patch on The Mandalorian, but I think they have a decent enough base and characters that they might be able to make a decent Season 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Boba Fett was probably the least interesting character of the whole The Book Of Boba Fett.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

7: Alright.. let's see..

Cad Bane gone.. what a moment.

Boba and Fennec in charge.

Looks like the two loyal Gamorreans are gone which .. seeing them go.. did feel a bit of a loss. Wierd that they made an impression.

Anyway.. Vespa gang back on duty.

Tuskens 100% gone.. it seems.

Maybe the Sarlac is still around.

Maybe the sheriff is alive.

Plenty of mess to be cleaned up before a revisit I'd guess... but that leaves lots of opportunity for them to setup stories.

Well.. that's the end of the season. Yeah I don't know if it'll see another. The Robert Rodriguez (directing) & Jon Favreau (writing) combo episodes just didn't seem to have .. i dunno.. as much life in them? as the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Enjoyed it for what it was in the end.

Love the Rancour unleashed at the end and bobba going tuscan.

Not a patch on the Mandolorian but still a good watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Episode 7

It was enjoyable...but a drop off from the previous two other episodes... I could really do without "the mods" they are all quite poor actors (the main girl is genuinely dreadful) and I get taken out of the show every time I see those stupid bikes. It all felt a bit predictable story wise.

It was obvious the other factions would turn on them. RIP pig brothers you probably are a better fit for a doctor who episode but It should have been the mods knocked over a cliff.

The tail head guy...didn't think to read the statement before going out?

I did enjoy the mando Boba Fett break out from the ruins part I will say. But some of the special effects felt a tad flat...Boba falling off the big beast...glad he got to use his wonky stick I guess from his dead mates..

Grogu adorable as always with his naps after a bit of hard work :) like a kid nagging his dad to go faster lol

Fennec Shand good with the little she had to do I thought Ming-Na Wen bucket loads of charisma.

Two Quick questions well three...What happened to Danny Trejo?..was it not hinted that they gave them the big beast under false pretences?!

Who the heck were the dudes at the end?!

I might be in the minority but I love the Amy Sedaris character and her little robots, her and tail head guy were good comedy value :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,895 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

As others have said, it was OK for what it was which by the end was really Mando season 2.5 - the scene of him and Grogu departing just reinforced that impression for me (just another adventure for the 2 of them).

Can't see another season. It's been completely wrapped up anyway with Boba and friends having defeated the syndicate and the public accepting him.

Overall just a filler before Mando S3

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

why did they keep shooting at those shields?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

While there were parts I liked. It felt like an episode of the A-Team.

• Advertisement

I think Bobba and the Tuskans was best part of it. But ultimately what was the point of it all? I think the writing overall is pretty poor. Occasionally there's a bit thats decent. But the battle in this episode was pathetic. Felt like a bad video game set on "stupid easy". Ok there's a few laughs here and there. But I mean a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cannonballTaffyOjones

Ah yes he's not dead.

That's the problem with SW universe now, no one is ever really dead, they bring back everyone, guarantee you Cad Bane is not dead either.

Pretty poor finale, too much badly choreographed fighting scenes, and just got stupid with the Rancor.

I did like the scenes with Cad Bane though.

And actually like the Twilek diplomat guy.

But the mods - pure shyte, doesn't belong in the SW universe, those colourful bikes and them themselves - like cheap marvel characters.

Ep2, Ep5,Ep6 were top top episodes.

The rest were ... meh ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I enjoyed the final episode, it was a typical Star Wars shoot out. I do agree that Boba went a bit Avengers with the rancor destroying everything, but it was cool to see Grogu do a "sun's getting real low" on it.

As a series it certainly didn't go the direction I thought it would; I liked the scene setting "dances with Tuskans" early episodes and thought we'd be building up to a bigger show with bigger set pieces, but that didn't happen. And then Mando showed up. Which was great of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Hey all so a few quick questions from someone who watches Star Wars out of interest but not a fan as such (great universe, so much potential but I dont like the overly cheesey/made for kids aspect to it - I HATE that frankly stupid scooter gang on their shiney bikes). I would love a more mature Star Wars story but realise that wont happen. Anyways....

• So the Cad Bane guy / gunslinger fella - such a cool character but was the red beeping thing on his chest indicative that hes still alive or does his suit always go like that? Was hoping that he was the one in the tank at the end. From a bit of reading I understand he was in the cartoons but seems weird theyd introduce a villain like that with only 2 episodes to go?
    • Why did Boba and the Mandalorian just stand out in the open to get shot at by everyone?
    • Why did....everyone else also stand around in the open to get shot at?
    • Why did Boba seem to forget how to fight, use his jet pack, rockets etc for pretty much the entire season apart from the very end? In the Mandalorian didnt he wipe out a ton of enemy's on his own?
    • Why did the fella from free town imply the sheriff was dead? "Shot down in cold blood" - he could have easily said at that point no hes still alive thankfully :D - seemed like nothing but something to trick the audience and set up the end credit reveal.
    • Why are that vespa gang in it at all. They are laughably bad - stupid shiny bikes, bad characters and the lead girl was just a bad actor.
    • Why had Boba (who was the ruler of this town/city) have 1 right hand woman, two pig fellas and then hires a gang of 20 something year olds on vespas to be his "police". Surely at that stage it would have made far more sense for him to have at least 50 - 100 soldiers/police.
    • Am I the only one who felt that most of the action felt incredibly slow and clunky?

You should wrap spoiler tags around that friend..

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cannonballTaffyOjones

My take

• So the Cad Bane guy / gunslinger fella - such a cool character but was the red beeping thing on his chest indicative that hes still alive or does his suit always go like that? Was hoping that he was the one in the tank at the end. From a bit of reading I understand he was in the cartoons but seems weird theyd introduce a villain like that with only 2 episodes to go?

It does seem strange to introduce him at this stage just to kill him off, but this is Star Wars, no one is ever really dead, anyone can be brought back whenever.

• Why did Boba and the Mandalorian just stand out in the open to get shot at by everyone?

Bad writing ...

• Why did....everyone else also stand around in the open to get shot at?

Bad writing ...

• Why did Boba seem to forget how to fight, use his jet pack, rockets etc for pretty much the entire season apart from the very end? In the Mandalorian didnt he wipe out a ton of enemy's on his own?

Bad writing ...

• Why did the fella from free town imply the sheriff was dead? "Shot down in cold blood" - he could have easily said at that point no hes still alive thankfully :D - seemed like nothing but something to trick the audience and set up the end credit reveal.

As above, anyone can come back - but yeah I'm glad he's still around, he's a good character, probably will be back in Mando Season 3.

• Why are that vespa gang in it at all. They are laughably bad - stupid shiny bikes, bad characters and the lead girl was just a bad actor.

Rubbish allright, I think it was a failed effort to appeal to new SW fans - but even they seem not to like them.

• Why had Boba (who was the ruler of this town/city) have 1 right hand woman, two pig fellas and then hires a gang of 20 something year olds on vespas to be his "police". Surely at that stage it would have made far more sense for him to have at least 50 - 100 soldiers/police.

Bad writing ...

• Am I the only one who felt that most of the action felt incredibly slow and clunky?

Yes, it was awful, a lot of the scenes looked like they were in slow motion - especially anything with the vespa gang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,612 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I see this bouncing around Twitter, not watched the show yet but it seems like a mixed bag at best

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Both provided much needed comic relief. Also, when she was making her escape with grogu there was much of a sense of speed than in the earlier mod gang chase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I enjoyed it. Some parts were silly. But overall it was quite fun.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

Advertisement