Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Book Of Boba Fett - Disney+ (**Spoilers**)

1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I didn’t hate any part of the season but the thing you mention - Mando being so prominent whole Boba doesn’t appear in a whole episode or speak in the next one - is exactly the problem with the show.

Mando should never have featured in this at all. The first season should have been all ability Boba, Fennic and the various gang members.

When it came time to recruit muscle to fight the Pykes there is a whole host of characters they could have used - Bossk, Dengar, Zukkus, 4-LOM, Mayfield, etc.

Rather than spend an episode and half on the Mandolorian it could have been used to have Boba cross paths with the Marshal - who makes the deal that the town will back Fett in exchange for a being spice free.

Favereau and Filoni really did just make a mess of it all and I can’t remember understand how.

No sign of Favereau or Filoni explaining the misteps.

And no talk of a second season.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Indeed. Watch it very quickly dropped down the Memory Hole. Shades of Inhumans here, for a MCU equivalent; a big fat dud everyone is very keen to forget

I don’t agree it is a dud but it was very badly handled. it shouldn’t be allowed to fade from memory - Favereau and Filoni should be made to explain it.

InHumans was a lifeless mess from start to finish. The same bad showrunner who made a mess of the character of Iron Fist.

No excuse for a show about Boba Fett going wrong.

The show shouldn’t have been set entirely on Tatooine.

The flashbacks would need to be but the “present day” should have been set in a big city that we could believe people would fight over. Tatooine is supposed to be nowhere.

Very easy to exposing that the Tatooine palace is just a holiday retreat for Jabba.

I don’t know anything about the Kenobi show but I saw a magazine cover of McGregor in costume that has a neon lighted city in the background.

Really? Obi-Wan is supposed to be in exile in Tatooine but they finding a way to send him to a big city? There are supposed to be no more Jedi by the time of the OT yet Rebels has three running around right up to the time of it. A show about one of the most popular supporting characters in the OT and the writers sideline him in favour of someone else?

Some of these decisions has me wondering …

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,254 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Filoni wasn't as involved outside the Mando episode, which is considered the best in the series. It was a Favreau and Rodriguez project, I believe. Moreso Favreau. Filoni may have been an EP at most. Maybe he did have some input but I'm sure Filoni trusted Favreau's experience while he was busy with the Ahsoka series and Mando season 3.

I don't think Temeura Morrison helped either. It's like watching Patrick Stewart in Picard. He just seems too old for the role. If it wasn't for Ming Na I think the series would've been much worse. Plus Boba seemed very neutered and that's from someone who just knows him from Clone Wars and the films and not the EU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The age gap between Morrison and Ming-Na Wen is 2 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The Mando episode (and half episode) is the very reason why Filoni shares responsibility.

He knows better than take the spotlight of the main characters in the first season - he even said it about season 1 of Mandolorian. The characters and story were developed as their own thing apart from the rest of the franchise. The Clone Wars characters were kept until the second season. Even the Darksaber was kept until the final moment.

Morrison isn’t too old to play the part but his age doesn’t match with character in the Prequels or TCW. I wouldn’t have wanted anyone else to it though so they should either made him look younger or found a way to explain that he ages father due to some issue with his Cloning.

I disagree that he is “neutered” compared to TCWa en the films.

In TCW he isn’t a “bad guy” and has morals. The OT tells us very little about him except that he is a intelligent bounty hunter (doesn’t need a stupid tracking fob) and has feared reputation - but it doesn’t tell us what that reputation is. He once disintegrated someone but that doesn’t make him a “bad guy”. And even if he was he almost died he spent all those years with the Tuskens - it changed him.

However they have written him as far too reliant on Fennic and that he can’t seem to make a decision without her - except for whom it to kill (where he turns out to be correct each time).

Very cold hearted that they never mourned the death of the Gamorreans m.

That is very common with women from Asia or of Asian descent.

Often impossible to tell their age.

• Advertisement

I was expecting some new content to be added for Star Wars Day but I was not expecting a making of special for The Book of Boba Fett.

Obviously we are going to get an explanation for why they messed up the show by adding Mando and Grogu and using a Mando Christmas special as an episode but it might be interesting to see how they avoid dealing with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭corkie

I didn't watch this show. But came across the below recap. Without it I would never have known about Mando & Grogu featuring in it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

We are re watching Mando at the moment. Just highlights how flawed Fett is.

Advertisement