Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Received quote for new front door...

Options
  • 29-09-2021 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Received a quote for a new Apeer door with side & top panels And to remove the existing sliding porch door for €4300.

If we want to bring the door out to where the current porch is it will cost €5,100 or €5500 with a step. Current porch area is about 1.5m x .6m .

Is that excessive, seems like mad money, especially the 400 for a concrete step.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,348 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I wouldn't say it's mad in current times.

I half decent composite rear single width plain door is likely running to 1600 or so fitted. More in cities

A decorative front door with 3 additional panels is going to be over 3k I'd imagine.

Those Apeer come with stainless steel detailing etc. I've never ordered one but I guess they are going to be more expensive.

I'd say you could certainly get a door cheaper but look around and see what's on offer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Demand is high, supply is slow. Prices of materials have all gone up. Were paying approx 10% higher for Windows than we might have 18months - 2 years ago and all the suplliers and fitters are giving the same timelines and costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭horsey63

We got an Apeer door in November 2019, door and 2 side panels 2,600. Same spec in 2 different dublin suppliers had over 400 in the difference, so shop around. We were waiting 8 weeks for fitting back then

Advertisement