Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery Help

Options
  • 29-09-2021 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have a Powakaddy FW3i for past 5 years. Unfortunately, I've also had back ache for the last 5 years and have rarely got to play. I've maybe played 20-odd rounds with the trolley.

Despite being on trickle charge all this time the lithium ion battery is now dead. This makes me wary of getting another powakaddy battery. The battery itself is 14.8v with an energy rating of 260Wh. I'm wondering if there any 3rd party replacements or do I have to buy another powakaddy one?

Thanks

Jabbarwocky

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

I think you can buy any battery that has the same connectors (or get a converter).

FW3 batteries can't be got at the moment - out of stock everywhere. Although I am hearing that they are starting to become available again.

269 for the 18-hole

I know this because mine just suddenly died after about 2 years and I need to replace it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭whizbang

I think Golf Concepts in Cork can rebuild it. I would be surprised if nobody else does it.

Bit surprised also that its dead if it was kept plugged in all the time. Lead acid battery would still be good..😋

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jabbarwocky

In the end I got the powakaddy one. 36 holes for 300 euro.

Advertisement