Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone tell me what is these data centres

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

If you are a company looking to do work for another company 1 of the first questions that will be asked will be "how secure will our data be and can we test the security?", if your company has it's own solution in house the other company will send someone down to check your setup, spend days testing shite and come up with loads of reasons why the data isn't secure whereas if your data is in the "cloud" your response will be "you data is hosted in XYZ" and that'll be the end of that. Most "proper" companies don't bother having a server onsite anymore, heck I used to have my own "server" at home, I don't bother anymore and just have cloud storage, it works out a lot cheaper for me to pay €100 a year for 2TB rather than having a server spinning at home 24/7 especially as hard drives fail a lot more frequently than you'd expect.

Advertisement