Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you need to have Pension Adjustment Order?

• 30-09-2021 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,572 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I've initiated divorce from my ex-wife. It's being done on a reasonably amicable basis and ex has agreed to use one of the DIY services.

So I completed the online forms to start process and I was asked about pensions.

I honestly listed my private pensions from 5 jobs I have had over the last 30 years.

4 based in Ireland and 1 abroad.My ex would have similar.

I was surprised to see that the website said I would need a "Pension Adjustment Order" for each separate pension at €150 each.

Girl from service rang me yesterday and I questioned it . She explained that a judge could deny divorce if I do not have these.

I said I do not see the need as we have both agreed to not claim anything against each other. We have no kids, property in negative equity that I am taking over. Pensions is only other asset.

She said it's up to me but advised me strongly to get them and said she could do my 4 Irish ones for €400. Irish court has no jurisdiction over my foreign policy.

I genuinely don't think they are necessary as i know my ex is not going to claim off them and I 'm very strongly leaning to just not getting these orders.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dubal

In my experience the judge asked, and may send you away to get them and delay the process. This delay could be very significant as it takes ages to get them agreed with the pension companies, and again they look for this confirmation.

Mine were 0% orders but needed to be done.

They are the messiest piece and worth the 150 euro.

Dubal

Advertisement