Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG OLED 55 with screen burn

Options
  • 30-09-2021 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hello all,

I purchased a 55 inch OLED from Harvey's in 2018 , unfortunately its recently developed a round screen burn area with a green tinge that makes everyone look jaundiced. I've looked around this forum and others and clearly LG have a screen burn problem. I appreciate this may have been asked before but has there been any clarity regarding this, is LG offering any goodwill? I haven't tried talking to Harvey's yet as 3 years is well out of warranty, is there any hope or do I take this TV down to the recycling centre? Thank you all in advance for your help.

Comments

2018 seems to have been a particularly bad year for LG TV's in my experience. In the last year between myself, dad and brother we've had 4 TV's develop screen problems all 2018 models in various sizes. Got on to LG about a month ago about one of mine and got the standard it's out of warrantee spiel.

I've also got a 4k pc monitor from 2018 that's got problems with image retention, glow/bleed.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Moe7

Thanks Enfilade, reading through AV forums does not give me much confidence that any goodwill gesture will be extended by LG (also check instagram comments under their ads, lot of angry punters out there).

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

Small claims court folks. Under the supply of goods and services act, they should do something for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭dam099

I had a C7 bought in early 2018 that developed the 25% window/LUT issue about 10 months ago and they did a free panel replacement for me. It may have been easier to get one on that basis than classic burn in though, as while it presents similar to burn in the cause is speculated to possibly be an issue with their pixel refresher in some models.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,578 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

How come you are dealing with LG about this? You should be communicating with the retailer, if they don’t sort it out, off to the SCC.

• Advertisement
Advertisement