Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Order any stadia game for $59.99 and get a free stadia premiere edition (expires October 10th)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

The question is, do I need 4 premier editions?

Hmm. I'd have this, but Cyberpunk 2077 while listed at 59.99 seems to be discounted a tenner in the basket because I have a tenner off my next purchase which I can't seem to cancel. Annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Sconsey

I am not 100% clear how Stadia works, can someone confirm please.....if I buy Cyberpunk now with this offer I will get the premier edition whcih includes a controller and a chromecast (yes/no?). Assuming I just buy the game, do I need to buy a monthly subscription to play Cyberpunk? can I keep playing the games I purchase on Stadia without a subscription to the service?

Thanks

Can I keep playing the games I purchase on Stadia without a subscription to the service?

Yes, but only at 1080p.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭ACAandCTA

Deal seems to cover the game you choose over e59, a Chromecast and a controller - i got this deal Christmas last year, presume it's the same.

Any games you buy,you will always have access to without needing any subscription.

Main things I'm aware that the monthly pro subscription gets you are a) monthly discounts on new games b) free access to promoted games you "claim" as long as you are still paying the subscription and c) better quality visual and audio... and then whatever else the link above covered.

You can play stadia on your laptop/pc through stadia website,mobile phone through the app and on your TV through Chromecast (and on your microwave, Tesla and other quirks!) - so you don't actually need the controller or Chromecast if you are happy to play on the laptop/pc or use touchscreen controls on your mobile.

I signed up to the premiere edition as I wanted the controller, usually play with controller on laptop or tv. Don't have stadia pro. Find it a really handy system to just pick up and play on a whim.

• Advertisement

Don't forget if you just want to check it out you can sign up for free and play a free to play game like destiny 2.

Works on your phone, tablet, chrome browser, chrome cast ultra or chrome cast with Google TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭EnzoScifo

I bought Fifa with 10 quid discount, came out to €59.99.

I hope that discount hasn't goosed this deal up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Ohhhh this is tempting. I missed out on the Resident Evil 8 deal a while back (It was buy RE8 game and get a Stadia with it for the price of 60 euro)

Whats the free games per month like? I quite like Game Pass (the best) and PS Now is ok. Wondering if I would bloody use the thing if I bought it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭garion

Bought FIFA 22 for €70. Do I need to wait for an email from Google to order the controller and chromecast? How long does that usually take to come through?

Just wondering does this deal apply for Ireland? I've seen it priced in $ and £ but not $.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mbarosin

Anyone know if this will work if I buy CyberPunk for €59.99 minus the €10 discount Google are giving me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭jayjbe

Anyone know if we can buy game without needing to subscribe? I signed in and google prompting me to start free trial. Can’t get past it to see games store. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

From the T& C's:

Eligible users who purchase any game or game bundle for €59.99 or above or who pre-ordered a game or game bundle for €59.99 or above that launches on Stadia between September 26, 2021 8:01am GMT and October 11, 2021 7:59am GMT (Promotional Period) and receive a Stadia Premiere Edition (Stadia Controller and Chromecast Ultra), subject to these terms and conditions (the “Offer”). Delivery charges may apply.

To qualify for the offer, you must be 18 years or older and a resident of Ireland, and must pre-order or purchase a game or game bundle for €59.99 or above on Stadia during the promotional period. Cancellation of pre-order before release of the game voids the Offer. Any games acquired through a Stadia game redemption code are not eligible for the Offer.

Redemption code for a Stadia Premiere Edition to use at the Google Store will be sent to the email address associated with your Stadia account by October 21, 2021 7:59am GMT, and must be redeemed by November 21, 2021 7:59am GMT. You must have or add a form of payment at checkout to pay for shipping charges.

Limit One Stadia Premiere Edition per user; 6 per household

Offer valid while supplies last and subject to availability. Promotional value of Offer is not transferable, not for resale, not redeemable for cash, and is nonrefundable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Do I have to buy games on this platform or are they all free as part of the 9.99 a month? Like Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Luxemburgo

Some free per month, which you keep as long as you keep the sub like Xbox Live

Else its buy them

They are okay. This month has Mafia 3 and Control as the stand outs.

It has a good selection of kids games included like Spirit, SpongeBob and paw patrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Luxemburgo

Bought this today more out of inquisitiveness , assume noone got their stadia code yet??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭matchthis

its just being asked for payment? When does it look for postage address, don’t want it going to India :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,265 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

If its the same process as when I got mine last year, you get a code. You then go to order the device and enter the code to get it for €0. So you can set your delivery address then. (shout out for Indian YouTube premium BTW)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭matchthis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Keith186

Apparently it won't work. Someone on HUKD tweeted them yesterday. Your paid amount has to be equal to or over it and there's no way to turn off the discount.

If you don't have any games anyway does it matter if you buy it on another account?

• Advertisement

Is this for new users only? I bought cyberpunk on it previously and thinking of getting far cry 6.

No, I've got cyberpunk and resident evil 8 and got it both times.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Dmac98

tried with FIFA 22 (applied ten quid off).

anyone get their code yet? Can they let us know how long between purchase and code?

thanks

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭radius345

Redemption code for a Stadia Premiere Edition to use at the Google Store will be sent to the email address associated with your Stadia account by October 21, 2021 7:59am GMT, and must be redeemed by November 21, 2021 7:59am GMT. You must have or add a form of payment at checkout to pay for shipping charges.

They probably won't send out the codes until at least after the closing date for the offer. I would imagine codes be sent out the week of the 21st Oct.

I think it's a great offer, used it for FIFA 22 myself this time around having used it for RE:Village back in March. I would imagine it has seen a very good take up, particularly from those who were on the fence about Stadia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I'm still on the fence about it since the last big thread. Can't see a use for it...must be one of the few tech ba's that i haven't just said, feck it, buy it, it's a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kjm3

This might be a stupid question but how does this compare this xbox series s or PS5? is it next gen or more in line with PS4 etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭radius345

Speaking from my own point of view, I kind of stumbled across the RE:Village offer back at the start of the year. I hadn't gamed to any serious degree since I was in my early twenties and was looking for something to kill time during lockdown.

This ticked the box for me in so many ways - cheap to get started (no hardware to buy), free controller and CCU with the game, a solid if unspectacular list of games and a good PRO sub feature with games added each month. No downloads and space worries obviously a big help also.

Since then I have played and bought way more games than I thought I would. The system just works perfectly for me. Knocked good craic out of RDR2, RE:Village, Judgment, Little Nightmares, Jedi:Fallen Order, RE7 and the young lad plays Paw Patrol and Spongebob. It's the ease of use and convenience that makes it really, can play on phone, laptop, TV, iPad etc.

I think cloud gaming is the future and it will all go that way soon - might as well get on board now!

Stadia is Gen 5 so on par with PS5 / Series X for most games, if not a bit better in some cases.

• Advertisement

It depends, if you are able to sit at a PS5 and play for a few hours whenever you like then this is a luxury product for sure. But if like me you can only grab 20-30 mins here and there and chances are its not going to be enough time to boot the PS5, it is great.

Sitting at home in the games room I can play on the big TV. If I start to feel a bit tired and want to go to bed but not ready to stop playing or the baby kicks off and i need to sit in the room with him for a bit. Simply whip out the phone and clip it onto the controller and keep playing play from bed. In work and have my lunch break? Open Chrome browser and start playing.

No worries about save files or carrying bits around with me.

Advertisement