Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2022 - Here we go again! - **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Mogwai and Hopkins played B&S so generally B&S acts are not rebooked for EP, Bonobo played BTP, hopefully we might get some of the others.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,498 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

idles in america unfortunately.

John Grant is a possibility and would be a fantastic addition.

BCNR are also a possibility, before they head off to the US... same with the National

Chemicals unlikely as theyre in the UK for the sat night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

The Twilight Sad would be a great addition!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭rubick

Would love to see Ride again at Stradbally.

Caribou a decent shout, excellent live show plus he could have a DJ slot too, last seen with Four Tet in Little Big Tent (RIP) back in 2012. Can't remember seeing them but that doesn't mean I wasn't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Mucker46

John grant headlining night and day in castlerea a few weeks after EP which may rule him out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Fanirish

rule out the national, their Irish tour were billed as only Irish dates this year

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Phishwax

Caribou is playing gigs in Europe over the EP weekend so not happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Surely we could install a secret super market type ‘money drop’ vacuum tube, except for cans!! 😋😋

Post edited by Fatfrog on

Could Bloc Party be potentially be in the announcement, last toured in May and no announcements for gigs so far but they just released a new album back in April.

If you take the outer pathways you shouldn’t need to go via any search gates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,596 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Chemicals in England on the Sunday but playing Portugal & Spain the Thursday and Friday so four nights in a row is very unlikely.

Idles in the US I'd put above the poster. A huge pity as they're as good as it gets right now.

Do those outer paths not bring you to the Salty dog junction for Freetown / Trenchtown? That's part of the main arena now.

Unless there's another route?

Maybe through Trenchtown, can't remember if it was a one way system though.

In the past you could get from pink moon to regular camping via that route, but with Oscar Wilde and Salty dog now part of the main arena, i'm not sure how you'd get to main camping from pink moon, unless you go out onto the road at the paintball entrance, down the road, and back in the main entrance.

Again, there may be another route i've forgotten.

I'm hoping for a bit more decent electronica in this announcement too, Nathan Fake hasn't been booked by an Irish festival since one of the last great Life line ups in 2014. Interesting like Floating Points, he has a keen interest in jazz rather than your standard dance beats. The time I seen him he was doing a drum n bass acid jazz thing that worked really nicely, using the electronic snares to a completely different way to Aphex Twin. I'd say nearer that 2005 buzz of Four Tet and the live drummer, if any one was at that gig at EP. Anyways Fake has been pretty prolific in the release front up to 2021 so I hope to catch him again.

There’s a wider forest route from paintball to the church/Wilde almost parallel to the main road, to be honest might be easier to take the road.

In saying that, the main wristband exchange/inward search is going to be in the red car park, across the road from where it normally is, the road might be restricted as a result.

The distances and walking time are going to be greatly increased, glad I’m not heading for the first time, a wrong turn could cost hours!!

What are we thinking on Fridays big announcement, “Big qty of acts” (take this as a given), is there a big big act? if I was betting man, I think there’s another headliner for Friday night.

I know ppl will say it’s Dermot, “he’s first on the poster” “he really popular” etc etc,

but we’ve seen this many times where an artist’s is top of the poster, then subsequently gets moved down.

Dermot is popular, I’m sure in future will be headlining, but with only x1 album 53 minutes long, he’ll need to play every single of said album + new stuff. I just don’t see it!!

Post edited by Fatfrog on

There's traditionally a big name dance act after the Friday 'headliner'.

I'm just a bit stumped as to who it could be given the Chems are probably ruled out date-wise, and Underworld and Orbital have both headlined Irish festivals this summer.

The spectre of Fatboy Slim looms.

EDIT: Actually we're safe - he's heading to North America.

Disclosure are playing Emerge Festival in Belfast either 27th or 28th August. Hopefully that rules them out.

Leftfield? They have one date listed. My god that would be immense.

Lorde is free *shudders*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I’m back in the really hopeful stage of before the announcement and after the announcement of the announcement

why do I do it to myself

id give my right nut for leftfield!!

I actually enjoyed her at Primavera tbh! Green lights a banger !!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Give King Kong Company the late night dance act

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Did KKC not say they wouldn't do EP again after the last gig there

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭antfin

They were a brilliant late night slot to close the opening day at All Together Now. Interestingly they weren't on the main stage even though nobody was on the main stage at that time so I wonder is their preference to intentionally play under a roof to contain the atmosphere.

I think I’m the only person who has no interest in King Kong company

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭fourmations

close the door on your way out! 😄😉

they are class in fairness, great live act! who else has shut down Body & Soul!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Advertisement

I would really urge anyone to go see them live rather than listen to their recorded stuff, there’s no comparison. You don’t need to research their material beforehand. When performing they just have ability to tap into your inner craic, loosens people up, it’s a great experience.

I think they specifically said this is the last time they would play B&S at EP, rather than not play EP again.

Advertisement