Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing intercom

Options
  • 30-09-2021 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

My apartment FERMAX intercom stopped ringing and I'm trying to replace it with a Bell 801.

The Bell 801 has 5 connectors (I R O T Z), while the FERMAX one has only 3 twisted-pair cables, as per image (it actually has 4, but the orange one is disconnected):

What I checked so far is that Blue is 0V and Green and Brown are 18V (ringing or not ringing).

Any clues on how this kind of wiring can be connected to a standard 4+n system like Bell 801?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Probably not compatible. Can you post a pic of original phone and the door station?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 kavelot

Thanks! Some pictures:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 kavelot

I tried contacting Fermax and they said I need model 3390. I'll give it a try.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That's a digital system. The phone will have to be like for like. If hard addressed the dips will have to match. If there's soft addressing on that system the new phone may have to be programmed onto the system.

Advertisement