Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So is Conlan going to sue the AIBA..

• 30-09-2021 9:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭

And should the Irish state cover his legal costs?

this gross type of corruption cannot stand.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,435 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I don't like the man but it was a disgrace what went on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Don't know what happens for Mick and others who were cheated but, as he says, this is vindication for him. It's something at least. Not that there was ever much doubt about it.

The report really is astonishing. Can't wait to read the full thing. Azerbaijan the $10m loan in 2010 after which Wu ordered the fix against them so as not to make it look suspicious! What an operator! Kazakhstan had given $10m loan too. Not sure that was ever public knowledge before. Real nest of vipers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Has actual cheating in any one particular bout or bouts been verified:shown?

From what I read, McClaren is not declaring anything. All possible and suspicious and probable.

In other words, stuff we all thought anyway, and stuff that has been happening for decades.

Maybe March 2022 the report will come out with something concrete. Until then, it’s a nothing to see here!

Katie’s loss in Rio? Does Katie deserve her medal? I thought she won, and the report says she would have had the 5 judge criteria been in place. Same for Mick’s bout. But no evidence at all that the actual automated scoring system in place was manipulated/rigged.

Post edited by walshb on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Why don't you like him. I don't know him personally, but seems to me like he is a very genuine, hard working guy who is driven to do well in his sport. Speaks his mind, but doesn't go over the top.

Unless I am missing something.

Some went off him due to his associations with MTK. Kind of ironic that all the whining about corruption and he has no issue signing up to MTK..knowing exactly what they are about and what they came from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

Doing it for the headlines probably. But no harm for the AIBA to feel some heat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Interesting if not surprising article in todays indo about the mess that is Irish boxing:

https://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/boxing/nothing-has-changed-our-sport-is-being-dragged-into-the-gutter-41093594.html

I’ve been following it and had to give up. Too effing convoluted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

That article is paywalled so can't read it. Wonder is there any update on the Bernard Dunne situation in it, haven't heard about that in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

• Advertisement
Advertisement