Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos WEEE Recycling - courier delivery

Options
  • 30-09-2021 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know, if a small electric appliance (eg microwave) is delivered by a courier on behalf of Argos, will the courier take the old one away under WEEE?

Citizens Advice suggests Argos must collect the old item if delivering the new one, but I'm sceptical Fastway will accept it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,011 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They are meant to take it back, they say they'll take it back - but for Fastway, good luck. The item will likely be under your doormat in a comical manner before you're aware the driver has been there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Yeah, that's what I figured. 😞

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Fairly slim chance Fastway will want anything off you, I'd be extremely surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Argos should take it back

That doesn't mean when fastway deliver they should take it, it depends on their contract which I assume is delivery only

My in-laws had something delivered from UK , courier delivered but didn't take old one away

That was organized after when a wee company collected it

Ring Argos and ask , they may have similar set up

Most local electrical retailers will take a small appliance, even if they didn't sell it to you. Local council recycling centres will do the same. For large appliances, the delivery company will take the old unit, but for smaller units it can be unworkable. I don't think LIDL will take your old toaster when you buy a new one, for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

You can drop off any old electrical item at the likes of power city. You don’t need to have bought anything off them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

I have no transport so dropping it off anywhere is not an option. It's very disappointing that I'm left with the old one. Whether it's unworkable shouldn't really be my problem - it's Argos' responsibility to collect the old item if delivering the new one according to all info I can find. No response from Argos yet.

Advertisement