Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High ranking Gardai homes raided by the NBCI

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

• Registered Users Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Where is your examples of these many gardai who got more severe sentences than citizens. Provide the links of these "many" cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

In the city st the time that was the only bar at it and he was allowed because he was a retired Garda.

I know it happens in rural areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

There were 2 I worked with who got jail and served it for assault, the main Garda involved (kick to the head while handcuffed on the ground, he deserved it, never liked him) got 2 years for assult causing harm with 12 months suspended. In comparison, this lad got 18 months suspended for nearly killing his wife.

@Muahahaha I take it, seeing as you're looking for examples of Gardai jailed with the same or more severe sentences, I'm sure you'll also provide evidence of the ones who got less sentences compared to a civillian on the same charge? Fact is, Gardai are definitely held to a higher standard in court when they're the defendant. They cover the topic well in Templemore. But, like every single person in this country, Gardai are also entitled to use the full length of the law to avoid convictions. Maybe it's a case that the Gardai before the court can afford better solicitors, instead of relying on the cash grab legal aid ones?

Re: lock-ins, I've been in so many pubs after hours still drinking that making it out that a ex-Garda owned pub gets preferential treatment is a load of cock. I can head up to the local tonight if I wanted and stay drinking till 2am, and it happens every Friday and Saturday night. Sometimes the Gardai call, he stops for a few weeks and it's back to normal again. If the Gardai actually enforced the closing times strictly, the vast majority would be giving out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,975 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
Advertisement