Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 WDF World Darts Championships - 2nd - 10th April - Lakeside

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭US3

Less than 20% of all tickets sold I heard. I've a feeling this will be the very last at Lakeside.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Is this on TV?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I don't know about specific coverage in Ireland but Eurosport are showing it and some sessions are on Quest too if that's available here. I was hoping Virgin Media Sport would pick it up but I've heard nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

Oh dear they did appear to be quite expensive alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭passinginterest

Looks a decent enough crowd day one. Production is better than the world seniors too. Adams out, best of 3 sets is extremely short would prefer to see best of 5. Cole was good in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Can’t see this surviving for much longer.

Sad to see such a legendary venue/tournament slowly wither and die

TbL

Trying to watch some of this but the standard is very poor and there seems to be about 13 people in the crowd

TbL

Jazus! Shaun McDonald has a throw that’s like a cross between Justin Pipe and Andy Hamilton 😳

TbL

I thought the crowds were decent and a big upset last night with Scutt getting dumped out be Burt though to be fair Burt said beforehand he was playing well.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The standard has been absolutely atrocious so far. The vast majority of averages in the 70s and some in the 60s, and that's just the men! It is amateur darts and I expected it to be poor but not this bad!

There was a half decent crowd in on Saturday, poor crowd in yesterday but today will look terrible with less than 200 tickets sold for each session. At least the lineup is better today. Interesting to see how 15 year old Luke Littler gets on.

• Advertisement

The standard in the Warburton-prins game is pretty decent.

A huge improvement compared to previous matches.

No surprise given really as better players start to enter the tournament its not that long ago that the PDC first round was a running joke.

Cracking game last night between Haines and Raman and Littler is definitely a future star incredible darts for a 15 year old averaging nearly 92.

You would have looked 30 at 15 and all if you grew up in Warrington a truly depressing grim kip if there ever was one.

If someone told me before I heard he was 15 that he was married with 4 kids I would have believed them. Good darts player though.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭US3

Interested to see Cameron Menzies play today. He's my tip to win the tournament.

Menzies - Jones is a cracking game.

Disappointing the coverage dropping last night and Warren game rescheduled for tonight.

• Advertisement

Good game that between Thibault and Burt. Burt missed a bucket load of match darts in the final leg to win it before Thibault took out 74 for the win. I think experience showed in the end, Burt fell to pieces when going for the winning double.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Our friend Laura Turner loses her first round game averaging 60something.

I don't think I've ever seen her average over 70. A perfect example for the people who give out about the people giving out about women pundits in sport.

She's only on Sky for one reason and one reason only.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

104.91 winning average from Richie Venstra, impressive stuff.

Jarred Cole may have unofficially broken the slowest walk-on record if such a thing exists, seemed to stop and have a hug with most of the crowd. Him v Raman should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

They mentioned Wayne Warren only got 23 thousand or something like that for winning the worlds, instead of the 100k he thought he’d get but also the trophy was repossessed, what was that all about? Also missed out on the year of exhibitions because of covid which was unfortunate.

Edit: just googled it now.

Raman was very impressive plays Veenstra next should be a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

First ever Irish World Darts Champion...Neil Duff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

I personally can't stand watching the PDC. Absolutely hate it!

For a good while I hadn't watched any darts on the TV. But recently with the seniors and wdf, my interest has been reignited,

Up the Duffman, delighted for him 😃

On a side note, myself and my son play online darts and Neil is in the same leagues as us. The young lad played Neil recently in a match and afterwards Neil took the time to chat with him and offer him some good advice.

He's a genuinely nice guy and a worthy world champion.

Beau Greaves was unreal in her final. She would have given any of the mens finalists a good match.

92 Average and only dropped 1 leg! Very impressive especially since she's only 18

• Advertisement

and only 28 minutes for 4 sets. she didn't hang about.

Advertisement