Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Green" policies are destroying this country

Options
1106110621063106410651067»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,162 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

That doesn't quite wash though does it. DCC like any organisation has staff that are in tune with Eamon's agendas and pusing them. The problem is that other staffers and those affected like businesses and interest groups are kicking back against Eamon's plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,444 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

If the country was serious about reducing consumption I wouldn’t be posting the following:

I go to the fridge and take out the 18pack of eggs from Tesco in the hard see through plastic.
    I use up the remaining 4 eggs and go back to the fridge to get more eggs in the second hard rigid see through 18 pack.
    Now I throw the empty pack in the recycling but I say to myself- why can’t I bring that empty pack back to the shop and refill that pack with 18 eggs?
    Same with my milk

Same with my washing up liquid

Same with my washing powder

Same with my kids inhaler

Same with my cereal

Etc etc.

This is what should be tackled not more bloody deposit charges on Coca Cola cans ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

For people with an interest in this interview John O'Brien talks to Richard J Schenk, Research Fellow at MCC Brussels, about his report 'The Silent War on Farming - How EU policies are destroying our agriculture’. The report explains how, under the guise of environmental concerns, European regulation has slowly squeezed farmers – especially livestock farmers – to breaking point. The report examines the transformation of European agricultural policy into a tool of environmental policy as farms disappear across the EU.

The idea is essentially that European farmers should switch their business from growing crops and animals to
    farming emissions trading certificates.” source

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

It's still not "Eamon's plans" the likelihood is that unless Emer "passport express" Higgins gets promoted to senior minister in the next GE then the Active travel plan will still proceed, and we'll still have the exact same mandarins in DCC too. And of course car park owners are going to kick back against anything that affects the bottom line, they don't give two s*ts how quick or safe a bus passenger/walker/cyclist gets around the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,838 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

It isn't Eamon's plan, it's the council plan.

Here is how it works. Council prepares a plan, submits request for funding based on plan, gets funding approved. It is entirely natural and appropriate that if the Council changes the plan, the funding is withdrawn.

Look at what happened with the HSE and scoliosis. In that case, the Department and the Minister didn't know that the HSE diverted the money to other plans as they saw fit. If the Minister had known, he would have been right to withdraw the funding.

• Advertisement
Advertisement