Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Green" policies are destroying this country

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭deholleboom

Well, we are all going to have to live in 15 minute cities with all facilities close by. If i really try i CAN actually envisage such a thing but it only exists in a police state with top down control in which only the controllers ( the Party) will be able to travel to the empty countryside ( and their no doubt huge mansions) in their chauffeured vehicles whatever they may be and the serfs travelling between the food fields and the cities. The rest will lead happy lives within the compound w weekly doses of soylent green or some equivalent (expect happy drugs). No matter what, a new hierarchy is unavoidable. Those at the top will own everything, the rest nothing. The New Communism.Oh, happy days. A brave new world!!!

The conspiracy theory waffle over having stuff available to you within a 15 min walk/cycle is one of the funniest things ever 😂

Yes indeed. Not only governments but most of the msm and ordinairy people who want to know more and are carefully presented with the 'right' information and not the denier/far right/biggot mis-dis-information that is dangerous to society, especially in an emergency which is continuous like the Climate. We are so lucky to have trusted institutions we can all follow to guide us into the future. Now, where is the salt?!😉

Holy crap, greenwashing REALLY doesn't pay

German asset management group, DWS, have put aside 21 million to pay off likely fines from the SEC and others over a greenwashing scandal.

But thats not the big hit. When it came out that the SEC was investigating, 1 billion was wiped off the value of the company after the stock plunged from 41 to 35 euro.

Then following a raid by German authorities, the share price crashed again from 34 to 24 euro.

Several senior figures have lost their jobs, including the CEO

This all came from a whistleblower. No doubt we'll see more of this as people tire of the greenwashing by certain companies

• Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,109 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

When you make the rules you can get away with anything.

The EU is greenwashing their emissions figures claiming that 60% of their "green" energy is from carbon neutral biomass.

Even you acknowledge that is a con.

Things 'could' do anything. We just don't know enough about the oceans. We know a wee bit about multi decadal ocean oscillations. This is, again, another scary story. Like the gulf stream stopping. And of course linked to Co2.

I was watching a BBC nature program tonight about a real drastic climate change happening about 250.000 years ago with massive volcanic eruptions which ultimately led to drastic cooling. Instead of the obvious nasty stuff in the air blocking the sun it was instead our enemy Co2 again this time causing the long winter. This by the cobalt created by volcanoes trapping Co2 which then couldn't be used f the greenhouse effect. I mean, they are determined to blame every temperature variation on Co2. How stupid can you get? Here are some graphs tracing temperatures and Co2 over millennia. Corrolation me arse but some people cherrypick or make stuff up that shows an almost perfect corrolation. The one below shows how different measures from different sources have different outcomes.

Post edited by deholleboom on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. When the flow slows down a little in future, the cool phase of the AMOC will resume probably in the late 2030s going by this graph. The alarmists will bang on this with their C02 hammer, rather than acknowledge the switch from warm AMO phase to cool AMO phase.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

Is AMOC not the Gulf Stream? Or rather part of AMOC is the Gulf Stream no?

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bluedex

I may be wrong but I thought the AMOC was NOT the Gulf Stream, but rather a "tributary" off it which flows up to the North Sea/Norwegian coastline area?

The way I understand it is that the Gulf Stream itself can't fail/stop, as it's main drivers are the rotation of the Earth and the "trade winds". So if it does stop we've much bigger problems than any climate change.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• Advertisement

Have a gawk at this great article by Brendan O’Neill on Climate Change™ and the modern witch finder generals.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭THE_SHEEP

RTE news : Global coal consumption hits record high in 2022 - IEA

" The answer my friend , is to piss into the wind , the answer is piss into the wind ...... " .

And meanwhile, back at the ranch ........ ( Thanks Eammo !! ) .

"Kotkin is right to describe the orthodoxy of climate change as ‘unscientific’. That’s because there should be no orthodoxies in science. Nothing should ever really be ‘settled’ in science. This is one of the most disturbing things about the climate-change / chaos / apocalypse discussion – its transformation of science from a humanistic and open-ended endeavour to gain greater understanding of the natural world into a religious-style truth that no one may quiz or blaspheme against. This represents more than ‘cancel culture’, more than another cynical effort by the elites to circumscribe what may be said on a particular issue. It represents an overturning of the virtues of the Scientific Revolution itself, and of that central freedom of Enlightenment: the freedom to question authority."

and

"..when it comes to climate change, we’re not really talking about science. We’re talking about scientism. We’re talking about the use of science to fortify political agendas. We’re talking about the way the technocratic elites now marshal expertise in their fearful moral favour. And we’re talking about the treatment of science, this science at least, as a god for a godless age, whose decrees must be blindly obeyed. We are facing ‘catastrophe’ and ‘only science can save us’, as the Guardian once put it. That isn’t science – it’s religion. Hence why it is heresy, tantamount to blasphemy, to think or utter any thought that might wound, even slightly, this mystical and misanthropic worldview that calls itself science."

Very well put imo

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

This is the " Gulf Stream" these " Green Guys " are concerned about .....

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Lofidelity

About a week ago on Pat Kenny, there was a discussion on Dublins college green and the long awaited plaza. When pressed on the rerouting of buses the Green councillor got exasperated and jumped to the heat wave in Europe and how we have to do something. The truth is that if everybody in Ireland moved to bike, Tesla or donkey and cart tomorrow it will have zero impact on global warming, we are just too small.

If the councillor concentrated on the realistic benefits such as reducing noise and improving air quality in the college green environs then that would be enough for most people to get behind the idea.

As far as I know AMOC is driven by water density and salt.

So if the water heats up it affects the amount of water sinking which affects the speed of AMOC.

On top of that the density is driven by salt molecules filling in the gaps that warm water leaves in between its molecules (relative to cold water) which makes hot water more dense.

If ice melts that inputs more freshwater (non salty) into that mix and disrupts AMOC.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The slow shafting has begun. We are now unquestionably in election mode and the Greens are about to be sold down the river by their current partners in order to restore some logic and sense to infrastructural investment.

I was even talking to an eminent FFer at the Hurling final on Sunday who told me that there is a burgeoning plan by themselves and FG to call a general election for the same day as the local and European elections in June of 2024, in order to give SF no chance to promote Council candidates to Dáil level status over the following 7 months and to take out the Greens on all fronts, all in one go.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They don't need any plotting by other parties to take out the Greens where I live in Dublin.

Their deafening silence regarding the removal of public transport infrastructure (for the sake of parking spaces and cycle lanes) will bury them here.

No loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

Could we put few greenies on the stake, might keep the heating bill down. Very good article

There's a growing pushback around Europe against the green political movement, as people are realising the detrimental effects of their policies to their pockets and standard of living.

It's not climate denial, it's just people wanting to maintain their disposable income, go on holidays and be able to travel effectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭roosterman71

It's not climate denial at all, and the same are probably thinking about it and what not. However, they don't want their life to be disrupted and want someone else to sort it out. Hence one of the reasons why agriculture is in the firing line so much and not aviation. Getting a farmer off land is easier for someone to do instead of them having to forego a plane trip or two

• Registered Users Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I'm in an office today and went to the canteen. I asked was there any water available and was shown where I could fill a cup. Great. "Any bottles to bring away?" I asked to be told that they don't stock bottled water anymore in order to cut down on plastic. That was good I thought. "But we have this water in a can if you want to bring it with you". I had a look, and it would cost me €1.50. Then I looked at the can and it's water from Austria.

How is bottling water in Austria and shipping it over here sustainable? More of this box ticking bullshit corporate Ireland love. I did a bit of searching for the company whose office I was in and sure enough, front and centre on their webpage is their "commitment to sustainability" and one of the bullet points was "removal of all plastic bottles from the canteen to reduce plastic use". Nothing about importing water, WATER ffs, from Austria.

Whole thing is horseshit

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Lofidelity

Good point Roosterman.

Why not ban, or heavily tax the importation of bottled water? We have plenty here already.

I hope you made representations to your superiors to demand better from them

Indeed, you can just about see him in the background of your screenshot. In the video below he interviews Martin Durkin of The Great Global Warming Swindle fame. O'Neill is an old school working class labour voter. He often argues that Climate Change™ is an attack on the British working class by a labour party whose elites thatonly caters to university educated upper middle class voters and have lost sight of the issues that matter to the working class. First part of the interview with Durkin below touches on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭PommieBast

That farmer most likley doesn't have a Green TD to kick out of office.

• Advertisement

Advertisement