Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Dublin Embassy 14 day quarantine

Options
  • 01-10-2021 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I need to renew my visa at the US embassy in Dublin (I'm currently in the States) and it looks like they are requiring a 14 day quarantine prior to coming in for your interview (https://ie.usembassy.gov/us-travel-restrictions/). From their website;

"If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to the virus, you must reschedule your appointment through the Visa Appointment Service website here. You must complete a 14-day self-isolation period before appearing at the Embassy. If you are not able to complete the 14-day self-isolation before your scheduled appointment date, you must reschedule your appointment through the Visa Appointment Service website."

Has anyone got any experience of this? Are they enforcing it? How are they enforcing it? Having to quarantine for 2 weeks and then waiting another 2 weeks to get your visa back in the post seems a bit mad.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭sbs2010

That's seems to only be if you have covid or are a close contact of someone with covid.

So quarantine is fair enough if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

It’s just if you have symptoms / contact. Security ask those triage questions before they let you in.

Advertisement