Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shoulder injury advice

Options
  • 01-10-2021 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hi, I fell on my shoulder 2 years ago. Got physio thru public health.

X-rays showed nothing. After initially fixing issues with tendon type burning pain I now seem to have an ongoing pain in the joint/bones of the shoulder, travelling slightly into the collarbone. Why I mentioned this the answer seems to be keep doing the exercises. I'm thinking of asking for the x-rays and have someone else look at them. Anyone recommend a good physio or somewhere to go. Southeast or Midlands, willing to travel though. The physio consisted of doing exercises at home to strengthen back up the shoulder. Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭wildwillow

You may need an MRI to check ligaments, especially if you don't have full movement of arm. I had torn ligaments and nothing showed on x ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Yea, MRI will show up whats up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Had the same thing, 2 years of Physio/GPs saying you just need to do exercise even tho I was on strong pain killers every day for those two years.

Turns out none of these people were experts on shoulders. Finally got sent to a shoulder consultant who took one look at me and said you have a torn labrum (What holds your shoulder bone in place) but better get an MRI, After the MRI I rang his secretary to book in to see the consultant and she just went ya you'll need surgery it was that bad.

Sounds similar to you, You need an MRI to see what's really going on. They hate sending people for them so stand your ground and push for it.

(Had the surgery, Been about 90% since can get tired and painful when standing all day, But at least I don't have to take the pain killers anymore.)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

odd. my wife's GP referred her for an MRI in a heartbeat when she presented with shoulder pain.

and the funny thing was the MRI results were misleading, an ultrasound cleared up the confusion caused by the MRI (i'm not saying this is typical though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Have you tried getting someone to blast it with piss?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Shoulder injuries are the worst. I fell off my bike when I was younger and it took almost 2 years to get over it properly. I think what worked for me was going for regular walks despite it being painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PuddingBreath

Many thanks for the replies guys, I was hoping I wasn't getting the run around, but it seems I was. All this pain because it was too much effort to give me a MRI scan. My local hospital has been getting a lot of bad press for some horrible stuff recently so I guess I go off lightly.

Again, very kind of you all for the help. I'll have to get onto it Monday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

You have chronic pain by the sounds of things

Advertisement