Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rewire 2021 - best practices for home automation

Options
  • 02-10-2021 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi I have been reading through some posts about rewiring for home automation but most are from 2018.

What is the general consensus on best practices for wiring a smart home automation system.

I'd like to avoid wireless/rf systems where possible as I prefer to go hardwired now im opening up walls for a full renovation.

Are systems like the Velbus still a good option, smart relay lighting circuits with cat6 to the switches?

Or would i be better to run 220v to the switch along with a neutral for zwave switches etc.

Is there anything else i should be considering?

I will be running 2 cat6 and 2 coax to each bedroom and living room. An aditional 4 cat6 below tv in living room.

Cat6 for CCTV and wireless AP's around the house.

Advertisement