Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baggage Drop area in Galway?

Options
  • 02-10-2021 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Hi I'm planning to be in Galway on 24th October for a road race. Really though I'd need somewhere to leave my phone, purse etc. Is there any baggage drop depot near Eyre Square?

Thanks

S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Hespy

Big O Taxis on Eyre Square offered this pre covid. Give them a shout and see if they still do.

There are lockers in the coach station on fairgreen road that might be suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Sussex18

Ok thanks, Big O are not currently accepting baggage.

Galway Ceannt no longer doing it. Can't get through to the Coach station. Major gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

If you are staying the night- most places where you are staying will store the bags for free until you book in as the room may not be available. Maybe ring O Taxis back and ask them who does it now. Usually sound people there will tell you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

There's definitely lockers in the coach station. I saw them there about 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭yayaitsme

Eyre Square shopping centre did do lockers for shopping. They might be able to help.

Thanks all, it's good to know then, that Galway Coach station have one.

Is there someone at a desk or how is it operated 'Gordoneko' do you know?

Will be arriving on the bus from Limerick at around 9:45 and after dropping my baggage will still have to get to Grattan Road and collect my number for a 10:30 run.

Will be tight but probably just about manageable.

Thanks all

S

Advertisement