Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 8 - Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭JPup

Bissouma was arrested in the early hours of the morning in a Brighton nightclub apparently. Twitter reporting serious allegations. Won’t repeat speculation here in case I get in trouble for it but clearly will have fpl implications for him personally and Brighton in general given he’s their best player.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Might do Greenwood + Perica to Brownhill and Jesus. Have 2 FTs.

If TAA is out for a while, I could bring in Dias and Son either.

Have the WC, worst case scenario.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Xander10

What's this "muscle overload" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

An excuse for not playing the 3rd place at off!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Anyone got any idea what they are doing?

Sa (Steer)

Tierney Alonso Christensen (Duffy, Tino)

Salah Sarr Greenwood Raphina (McArthur)

Auba Lukaku Antonio

£1.3m ITB

Thoughts:

In defence (and in general) I’d love to get some City assets. Cancelo offers the most attacking threat & with Mendy + Zinchenko out looks like he gets solid game time.

In midfield, I’d like to get KdB but I’m 3 moves (a -8) off getting him. I’m not sure of the 3rd person I’d want to rid either (Greenwood & Antonio). Without the moves of KdB I’d be looking at a straight swap to Foden or Grealish.

In attack 2 players I’d move to are Toney & Hwang. I’d move on Antonio here. Getting rid of one of these I can still get a city asset in Cancelo, Foden or Grealish for a -4. Personally I think Foden plays more games in short term due to minutes already played for both.

So looks like I’m hovering around City assets, Hwang & Toney!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,009 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The only thing I know so far is I am benching Raphinha!

Rudiger should start. As should Lukaku.

Jota I don't know about yet. Firmino is available to play though so I would assume that Jota won't start, if he plays at all.

why are you benching Raphina? Is it because he won’t be back in time from Brazil.

Looks like I’ll have to adopt a 4-3-3 approach & therefore go with Cancelo for Duffy and 1 of Hwang or Toney for Antonio.

Really doesn’t solve my Greenwood problem though!

Yeah exactly it. And he might even start that 3rd international game too. He seemed to be impressing and getting good game time as a sub for Brazil.

Going 4-3-3 myself. But keeping Antonio for now. He had the 2 week break so should be raring to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Guru 123

Squad is fine, I wouldn't dream of taking a hit in that situation, no need at all. Can never figure out why some people are so quick to just be giving up 4 points so easily.

Presuming you have 1 free transfer this week I'd move on Alonso and get Cancelo for him. Alonso will stay play regularly enough I'm sure but Chilwell is back in the picture now and Cancelo should be a better bet long term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Honestly can't even remember my team, enjoyed the international break (the break from fantasy rather than watching Azerbaijan or Qatar)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Doing a lot of tinkering this year, mostly due to a poorish start. (700k OR)

Sanchez (Steele)

Rudiger, Azpi, White (Livramento, Marcal)

Raphinha, Salah, Saka, Gray (Sissoko)

Antonio, Ronaldo, Lukaku

Feel like I need a City asset with their run and the fact it's Burnley. The last 4 games in this fixture City have won 5-0. 3 times in the PL and once in the FA Cup.

Looking at a -4. Marcal & Saka out for Cancelo & Douglas Luiz. Would be 0 ITB.

Would play 4 at the back this weekend and start Raphinha, most likely Livramento subbing in for Raph if he is out due to international break so left with a 5-2-3.

Anyone thinking similar or reckon it's madness?

I hadn’t taken a hit all season until last GW which included Alonso, Aubameyang & Raphina so I’d be reluctant to sell Aubameyang & Alonso just yet. I held off on Cancelo due to playing Liverpool but you are correct he is the longer term play.

Can you do Ronaldo & Sissoko to KdB & Hwang? Enough funds.

Im always reluctant to do a hit for a bench fodder I’m not playing but add to that a defender is a bit of a madness. Just play Marcal & roll the transfer I’d say. Or look at something above.

I genuinely think with a rank of 700k you need to move away from the 3 premium of above as they are so highly owned you won’t get good rank jumps & then if you captain the wrong one you’ll rank negative of those 3. The way around this is to jump to another lesser owned premium like KdB. What you think about that?

I think getting cancelo in is a good idea.

Just a suggestion on something I’d consider would be downgrade auba to jimi/Toney and upgrade Greenwood to Son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Thanks Chesty.

Sissoko & Ronaldo to KDB & Hwang wouldn't be possible as 0.5 short.

Gray & Ronaldo to KDB & Hwang would be possible though with 0.7 to spare.

You know what I went for Auba over Son & Vardy only last week (of course both returned 10 pointers & Auba a blank).

Id be a bit reluctant to switch it after 1 GW as I picked Auba due to his 5 fixtures (knew Brighton away be toughest). However going to Toney opens up a whole world of possibilities on maybe a stronger bench.

Ive Auba down for captain due to MNF & home to Palace. If it fails I’d be happy to move on as it rules him out of future captaincy options.

PS I also had a dream Son & Vardy scored 2 the weekend :)

Yeah the Gray one is a really tough as Everton 3 of next 4 are at home, you might even be able to get Toney over Hwang with 0 to spare.

TAA is back in Liverpool training.

All season when I want a player I have a plan to get him but always miss the haul a week too late. So congratulations in advance to Son and Jimenez owners!

Amartey out and Cancelo in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Tomiyasu in for Shaw, hoping to raise funds to expand my midfield somewhere.

Shaw has been an expensive flop so far anyway, with a penchant for yellow cards, and United haven't been keeping clean-sheets even with Maguire-Varane available. Arsenal have winnable games in three of their next five.

Jota expected to be fit for the Watford game now.

Im looking at Lukaku & Greenwood to KdB & Werner!! Am I crazy?

Timo has been looking good pre & over the IB. He’s a confidence player.

it’s a -4… Big Rom prob won’t play either

Tempted!!

Why won't Lukaku play? Because he sat out a 3rd place play off?

Bit of this but more so Werner holding his spot.

Could they equal over next 5 games?

The other side of this is that I get KdB over Greenwood who should return more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I'm returning from this International Break a bit weary. Looking at 4 yellows at the moment. I'll wait until Friday or Saturday to pull the trigger on anything but contemplating -

Amartey(dropped)/Sanchez(yellow) --> Cancelo

Jota(yellow and Firminho returning) --> Foden for a -4

Replacing 2 doubtful players with 2 city. What could go wrong? Well I know what but will it go wrong? I think Foden is a little overpriced and wish he was around Gundogs, Silva or Torres' value. So definitely need to think more on it. Probably need a banker of a starter if going for a -4 so maybe not a City midfielder this week.

Yeah it's possible that Werner does pick up some points over the next 5 GWs.

He seems to be a confidence player, and has had all confidence drained out of him in a blue jersey the last couple seasons. I don't think Lampard used him correctly at all, unsurprisingly and Tuchel didn't really use him correctly last season either. Werner seems to be playing better off of Lukaku, as opposed to being the central man, and having space to run into. He was dangerous against Man City, in a game where Chelsea were extremely defensive too. But he is an option to have going forward for sure.

But Hansi Flick seems to have him firing in German colours, and he is returning to Chelsea in fine form, scoring a couple in the international break. Flick seems to have kickstarted his season really when you look at his games this season. He wasn't getting a look-in in the Chelsea side, until after the first International break where he scored 3 in 3. Then suddenly he starts to play games for Chelsea and is involved in their goals.

Whether he will outscore Lukaku, I'm not sure. If I was not on Wildcard, and stuck for the extra 3 million, it is definitely an option. And as I write this, I suddenly want to invest in Werner!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Id definitely deal with Greenwood anyway, he got an assist in the second game Ronaldo played but blanked for me since then so he is gone. His productivity was predicted to go down with the presence of Ronaldo and thats exactly what seems to have happened, if anything Im annoyed I didnt listen to the obvious and sell him three games before I did. He also becomes a rotation risk with CL on next week.

I can see the logic of Werner in that Lukaku appears to be dragging defenders out of position to make space for him but personally couldnt go there having been burnt with him last season.

KdB an option but CL starting up again next week would put me off for now. City have an easy enough run of games which would make KdB a prime candidate to be rested and then played in the CL.

Ive got Son in my WC team at the moment, even though he has a few tough fixtures coming up hes the type of player who just keeps returning. Spurs fixtures get easier in GW12 so I can see a massive lurch by everyone to get him in then which could be tricky as he is at that awkward price of 10m

Very convincing and only 2% have KdB

The upside here is huge!!

• Advertisement

Was going to bank but now I'm here thinking of Lukaku -> Werner.

Might give this some serious thinking & planning tomorrow now.

Advertisement