Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing civil record

Options
  • 02-10-2021 4:04pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm going mad over this.

Couple called James Langan and Ellen Loughney. Married 1/11/1894 in Lacken parish, Mayo.

Church record without image on Rootsireland.

Cannot find a civil version.

Would appreciate if anyone would have a stab at finding it. I've tried name variants & just searching with first names.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭rhapsody

I can't see anything like a James Langan or Ellen Loughney in any of the 54 marriages in 1894-1895 in Killala district. I checked Ballina and Belmullet too, just in case, but can't find anything useful unfortunately.

And apparently I needed to post that twice, can't see where to delete a post 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

Theres an Ellen Loughney marriage in 1894 in Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland and a James Langan, marriage in 1894 in Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland.

Could that be a possibility for your couple? Could they have been married in Scotland and had a blessing or an entry in the register in Lacken parish in Mayo?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

OMG! You genius! That's them (I got the cert on Scotland's People)

Thank you so much!

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement