Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air to water heating System problems

Options
  • 02-10-2021 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi, I have air to water system, since it was installed (new house) it hasn’t worked right , I’ve had plumber back several times who’s changed parts, had engineer out last week who said it was wired wrong by electrician, every time water was heating the radiator would heat first, regardless of what the thermostat read. The engineer reckons two other parts need changing. when the water is on to heat, a banging noise comes on as the water heats over 40degrees and the engineer said he’s never heard of that happening. Also the house is zoned but when downstairs comes on the heat is forcing through upstairs and the radiators are constantly running with the sound of air, despite bleeding them all you hear is air circulating so I’ve to keep them off. Engineer reckoned he’d that sorted or it might need another part out on to stop the air forcing through but it’s still happening. Has anyone else had these issues and any advice? Currently waiting on the company to order parts and send a plumber and again tonight heat came on upstairs when thermostat is dry low

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

My understanding is that the banging is casued by water oevrheating, but it would be better to talk to a plumber about this.

It sounds like there is an issue with the control which may be due to incorretly wired controls.

As the system is new and I would guess never worked properly you should be going back to whoever you purchased the house from demanding that they fit it at no cost. It is all under warranty.

Advertisement