Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiplok Airlok or equivalent?

Options
  • 03-10-2021 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping to move house and one of the places I'm considering has a garage where I would keep three or four road/gravel bikes. I'm looking for an extra layer of security and the Hiplok Airlok popped up - essentially a locking wall mount. It can be found on sale for 130€ish.

Just wondering if anyone has used this or have any other ideas for extra security inside (beyond securing the garage itself or ulock/chain options)? I live in a high bike theft area so will also look at insurance as the four bikes would cost 10k to replace (if you can find them in stock)

https://hiplok.com/product/airlok/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

They look like a handy unit but I'd rather spend more trying to make the garage more secure. Maybe a more secure cabinet in the garage to lock up the bikes where they wouldn't see or notice them.

I'd imagine any scumbag that gets as far as seeing a bike in one of these would just go out of his way mangling the frame to try get it out.

Advertisement