Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing account while abroad

Options
  • 03-10-2021 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I’ve sent 2 online closure forms during this last September about closing my bank account with BOI. I still haven’t receive BOI’s letter confirming this and since I had to put the account into 0€ balance in order to close, it’s now -6€ due to fees of the account. 

I’m an international customer with international address and would like to know what’s the average delay with this kind of processes. 

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Hi angelo_laranjeira,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

I am sorry to hear this. To close your account online, your address and mobile will need to be up to date. If you have access to the app, you can amend these by logging in and selecting the icon on the top right hand corner of the screen.

If your address and number are up to date on your account, please go to services and then send us a message option on the app. One of my colleagues will look into this further for you. Alternatively, please call us on 0035314044000. One of my colleagues will be happy to help. They're available from 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, Megan

Advertisement