Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir mobile - not always receiving sms

Options
  • 04-10-2021 7:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Anyone else having issues with Eirs mobile sms service? Sometimes it's taking hours for me to get verification codes from banks or different online services.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

I never have problems with SMS codes being delayed to my Eir number. However, a lot of the service providers now do two-factor authentication within their mobile apps. I have found AIB's in-app authentication can be slow sometimes, and I have to request a re-send. I don't think this is likely to be an Eir issue?. Perhaps your bank or the service provider they are using are sending your SMS messages to the wrong operator, if your number is ported? My mobile number is native to Eir (085), so unlikely to be routed to the wrong operator. You might need to follow up with your bank if this is the case.

Advertisement