Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerard Bikes

Options
  • 04-10-2021 3:00pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Spotted two Gerard bikes when I was at Tara yesterday. From a brief glance, they appeared nice looking - are they any good?

Are they online only or is there a retailer or agent in Ireland?

They apparently were set up by an Irish fella, John Gerard Sheehan, now living in Washington. https://gerardcycles.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭gn3dr

Never heard of them before. Great name though 😁.

I like the fact that rim brakes are an option and I like the Gulf 917 colour scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

John Sheehan was on of the top racers on the Irish domestic scene through the 80s and into the 90s. Between John and Julian Dalby, they'd win most of the Leinster region races -in particular they dominated the crits that used to be a fixture of every town festival over the Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

They had a team sponsored on the domestic rounds a couple of years ago, Gerard-DHL. Always thought the were riding some sort of repainted Chinese "pinarello".

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

They probably were. I remember Dillon Corkery winning a load of races riding for that team.

But I'm sure the bikes are grand. Chinese carbon frame and fork with a decent spec and hefty price tag. Pretty standard

Advertisement