Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solis inverter settings

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Question Please.
    I connected my DIY Seplos battery to my Solis Hybrid 5kW yesterday. All was working fine.

Last night I was adjusting the settings so it would charge the battery at night. I was winging it mostly and accidentally set it to off-grid. In a momentary panic, trying to restore to self-use, I hit “reset” on the data logger. I managed to get everything working OK, except the inverter was showing as offline on the APP. I did a 15 second data logger reset this morning and both inverter and data logger are showing offline. The inverter and battery are working fine otherwise.

What do I need to do to bring it back online? I’d like to see what’s happening especially since the battery just got installed.

Current view.

Stay Free

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

You'll need to get the hotspot that the WiFi logged puts up and re enter your own WiFi information again

This is done physically at the inverter, yes? Thanks. I’ll try that later. What stumped me is the logger was connected last night, but the inverter wasn’t showing. Otherwise I’d have put it down to a wi-fi connection or settings issue.

Stay Free

1 of 2 working. I connected to the DL Wi-Fi and connected it to my router.

So, the Data Logger is connected again, which brings me back to where I was this morning before I did the data logger reset.

The inverter is still showing as offline.

Stay Free

What I am noticing is the orange "net" light is not staying lit. It is fast flashing for a couple of seconds and going blank for a few seconds before trying again. So it is not communicating with the inverter. The red power light is lit and the green Wi-Fi light is lit. No luck finding an answer online, so have emailed the installer to see if there is a solution.

Do these loggers fail often?

Stay Free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Hi all - I got a Zappi installed a number of months back. During my EV window, the Zappi will charge at around 7KWH

The Solis app only tracks some of that load though which is frustrating - meaning my Grid import stats are pretty useless.

Attached is last night's EV window for reference … this had the EV charging, the Battery charging and the Eddi also heating for a period.

The Solis is reporting 19kw import for today when in reality it is 36KWH (reading from MyEnergy App)

Any ideas why?

I understand the inverter can only output 5KW at any one time …. but surely the grid clamp should be reporting up to 12kwh? (Or am I incorrect)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭munsterfan2

Is the zappi connected 'outside' the CT clamp for the grid, ie - connected to the main esb box before the connection to the consumer unit ?

Yep at the meter box … and I am pretty sure the grid clamp for the Solis is at my fuseboard (not 100% on that though)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭munsterfan2

That makes sense, the solis clamp isnt seeing the electricity flowing to the zappi. Not certain if possible, but you would need the solis CT clamp to be before the zappi connection

Yeah it's s strange one - when it's just the Zappi on - the Solis clamp is registering 4KWH of the 7KWH load

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Query on the overcharge SOC, my understanding was this is the limit as to which the battery will discharge. Self use mode is on and. I have my overcharge SOC set to 15% with the force charge set at 10%. However my battery is currently at 10% and as of right now the load is .301 with .259 coming from the grid and .041 coming from the battery.

Shouldn't it have stopped discharging at 15% or thereabouts?

No. The overdischg SOC is what you need to set to 15%. The overharge SOC I have set to 95% and my battery tends to stop charging at 98.5% and I get no battery OV Alarm. I had it at 100% and I was getting battery OV Alarm. You also need to set the force charge feature, usually 5% lower than the discharge level??

My own probably needs a bit more tweaking, but here is how mine is set up. I should have my Battery capacity at 315Ah for example, but it's doing OK and the inverter will be changed soon (Warranty issue) so I will leave as is.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Ah, just read back over my post, I had meant to say my overdisharge SOC is at 15%.

I monitored it last night and it didn't drop below 15% so not sure what was happening the previous night. Maybe because I had just made the over discharge SOC and force charge updates and they didn't take effect until a refresh or something.

I haven't looked at what my overcharge SOC is, what's that do, the max the battery will charge to?

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭conor_mc

I had one evening where my charge dropped below the Overdischarge SOC but I think it may have been related to a high draw from a heat-pump dryer at the time. Forcecharge even kicked in a little below the value I'd set there too. So it did what was needed, but was little lazy going about it!

Advertisement