Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone - 04 October after 1815 down?

Options
  • 04-10-2021 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭

My Vodafone Broadband is gone with "ppp authentication failed" in details.

Calling 1907 results in white noise only when connected from a Vodafone mobile (which only allows 3 G at the moment instead of it's 4G) and with a busy signal from Three's network.

Data Connection on my Vodafone mobile is also gone both on a post paid and pre-paid sim.

Twitter has some reports but the Vodafone reps are giving the standard "we have social media issues" answer instead of getting into details about the possible major outage here.

Comments

I'm getting DNS error on my broadband and my phones 4g connection is working one minute and not the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I can access boards over 4g but trying many other sites and getting DNS errors, can't open the link above for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Home broadband is gone for me too

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Tunesmiff

“Glad” I’m not the only one I suppose. Fibre connection went shortly after wifi started having issues around 18:00.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Broadband just connected back (i.e. VDSL Mode came back), however nothing was reachable.

So I changed the DNS settings to OpenDNS (by turning off Secure DNS in the modem settings).

And voila all back to normal.

Same on mobile, changed DNS provider and all is working.

Looks like their DNS severs are still down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dob6487

Is anyone still having problems with the network. My tv is still losing signal

Advertisement