Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

17" Laptop

• 05-10-2021 9:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭

Hi all, got some great advice from here a few years ago but need it once again.

Looking for a 17" laptop that will only be used for college work. The 17" screen is a must! Do not need gaming specs or anything like that.

I've been looking at a few Acers on Komplett.ie that range in price from 529-699.

https://www.komplett.ie/laptops/laptops/#price/brand/feature/50E2B0212C8B961D/sorting/Price/page/1

Might I ask your opinions on these or any other suggestions would be great (I've checked Argos Castlebar and while there are a few that would do the job none of them are in stock).

Thanks again!

Comments

the 529 model is the only one with a 1080p screen but you'd really want 8gb ram

you can upgrade the ram on that model as it has a free slot

just buy 4gb extra of the same spec on amazon

else have a look at lenovo.ie to see what 17 inch deals are going in the ideapad range

10% code emailed for signing up to newsletter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Thank you for getting back to me, greatly appreciated. I've compared the three but they all seem to have resolution of 1600 x 900 or maybe it's a typo?

Also, would I be able to add the extra 4g ram myself?

Thanks again.

ah ok must have thrown up a result with 1080p on another site

yes simple to do yourself

just a screwdriver to open case from underside.

maybe an old credit card / loyalty card to encourage case to part once all screws are out

ram clips into a slot with no risk of damage really

search on youtube and undoubtedly someone will have a video there for the exact model showing you

Advertisement