Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to ring about double transaction

Options
  • 05-10-2021 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Hi There

I made a purchase with Harvey Norman the other day through paypal. I can see the transaction twice on my account (one for just the price of the machine and one for the machine and delivery). When I log on to Paypal, I only see the one transaction. Harvey Norman said they can only see one on their side.

I tried to call your help line but there was no option for this query. Where can I go to get this looked at

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi, thanks for checking in with us here.

It seems like retailer put through first a pre authorisation on the card and then a separate transaction that they will fully process on their side.

With the pre authorisarion, it will debit account as they put it through on a live card. This will continue as pending and will resolve automatically on your account 5 business days after the date of debit.

Hoping this helps,

Many thanks

Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

Thanks for getting back to me. So is this a double transaction thats gone from my account? One being a pre-authorisation and then a second that is the actual transaction? And the pre-authorisation should drop within 5 days of the debit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi, yes that's exactly it.

The second transaction will continue as 'pending' in your transactions on the App and will fall off account 5 business days after the initial transaction date, automatically increasing the balance by the duplicate amount.

Hoping this helps,

Alison

Advertisement