Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seplos BMS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭irishchris

Noticed high pressure alarm kicking in today and seems set quite low on mine. What setting have you guys got for it in parameters?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭reklamos

This one really depends on the state of cells. If there are cells that start running away when in high state of charge then the value make little diference since the reach it quickly. I have mine set at 3.6 for cells and 57.6 for the whole pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Saxar

Hi !! Everything depends on the charging current. When charging at 50A, 3.6V is too much. I tested it for a long time. The optimal voltage for me is 3.5V. I have 120Ah cells. By the way, my Seplos BMS is not working properly. As I have already described, same error. Capacity counter gets stuck at 118Ah. Battery is always overcharged. You would have to check it with your BMS. It can also be the reason why an alarm is triggered for you.

When voltage gets to 3.5V it should be hitting first threshhold already and dropping charging amps to 10A from inverter. Everyone has diferent setup I have 2x200Ah packs so my charge amps are never higher than 32A per pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Big Lar

OK, so decided to upgrade from Daly to Seplos and having nearly more bother with the Seplos than I had with Daly.

Using a Solis RHI-6K-48ES inverter, Battery is AoBo - Had the BMS set to Sofar but Seplos support told me to switch to Victron - Makes no difference as its the same issue with either of them. I know the SOC is not correct as I started with fully charged cells Saturday morning and I did get the BMS to discharge a few times and each time I uploaded a new parameter file it reset the SOC to 100%

Basically the BMS charged up to 100% SOC and got stuck there yesterday, just sat there in standby mode. Eventually this morning after playing around with everything I turned everything off and restarted the whole shabang but left the DC isolator for the panels off and when it started up it started discharging.

Stopped at 95.4 SOC, the lad from Seplos gave me a parameter file to upload but still the same issue, perhaps the BMS needs to be calibrated I thought to myself - Topped up the batteries on Solar and then turned off the Solar panels again and stopped again at 95.4 and tried the same trick after lunch and still back to 96% this time.

The Seplos guy told me: I need to ask other people this question, because we have not used this inverter ourselves, only customers have verified it, they have not said this problem, so I need to ask them. We were in contact over and back for nearly 5 hours so I'd say he went to bed, I would too to be honest.

Basically out of the 10Kw battery 0.5Kw is usable, I have tried different battery setups and have cross referenced the logs below with the parameter settings in the BMS but see no extraordinary cell voltages or alarm triggers jumping out so just thought I would throw it out there if anyone has any suggestions.

By the way his advice for the over voltage error in the Solis inverter was to turn off intermittent Charging Function as below, dont think that fix works thou

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Big Lar

The drama is over, turned out the problem was that: storage mode>Backup was set to off and the inverter was keeping the battery in reserve.

Working away nicely now

Good to hear you got it running. I see it a lot with Chinese manufactures where they claim it is working/tested but they have not done that themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭championc

Unfortunately, sometimes there are too many options. But no doubt, there's a reason for every changable parameter, and someone somewhere will find the need for them

• Registered Users Posts: 1 eddperk

I've been discussing this BMS on the DIY Solar forum but thought it would be good to share this here as well, so this is my first post.

For still suffering the Sepols BMS with Solis Inverter alarm issue which causes the inverter to report OV-VBatt-H when the BMS is reporting 100%, I finally have a solution! I spent the last few weeks talking to a Seplos tech who has been very helpful, trying out lots of different fixes.

We finally got it working when we uploaded a modified firmware program to the BMS. For anyone interested, the firmware file and download instructions are attached.

Rather than cutting off the charge abruptly when it is at the 10A 'trickle' stage (and putting the inverter into an alarm state) it slowly tapers down from 10A as the pack voltage increases. Phew.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭irishchris

Interesting, have mine sorted with automation but looking forward to seeing how this pans out.

As the amps taper down does the pack stop static eventually before the high voltage alarm or does it still hit high voltage after a long time still charging at lower amps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 jfdelb

Thank you very much for the information. With this new firmware, what battery do you put in the inverter and what protocol in the BMS? Thank you ( ¿AoBo in Solis and Sofar in Seplos ? )

Post edited by jfdelb on

• Registered Users Posts: 1 solar_ch

Hi, how are you doing? I am planning a DIY 48v LiFePo4 Battery build with a Seplos BMS and a Sofar ME3000SP inverter.

My understanding is that I need the set the Seplos in Sofar mode on the CAN protocol. On the inverter side, I have to put it in general lithium mode. I can also define the definition of discharge, so I assume if this is set to 80%, it would discharge to 20% SoC. But where can I configure to which soc or volt limit I want the inverter to charge?

Any support from someone with the same setup would be appreciated.

thanks

fab

You are 100% correct in Sofar and General Lithium.

To charge to a specific level and ultimately controlling the inverter externally requires the sofar2mqtt device. To then read the SOC and tell it to stop charging when SOC% reaches 50% or whatever. Then you tell it to go it Auto mode at xx:xx or when SOC reaches xx% or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Had the old over voltage battery hardware alarm today - first time in months since @Jonathan kindly showed me how to automate turning on the feed in priority on the solis inverter. I assumed laptop/IP issue but nope my graph shows a jump in SOC straight ish from approx 93 to 100 so automation missed it. It was overcast no sun out today so wasn’t a natural increase. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

The battery over voltage issue is know by Solis and it effects the newer 5G model. They are apparently working on a fix. They say its nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭connesha

Did you try the new Seplos FW, as posted here: #460

Since you're always preventing your SOC from ever reaching 100%, is it possible that this is having any negative effect. Maybe BMS not learning/calibrating as it doesn't ever get past 97/98% ever? (I don't have experience here, so this is just a random guess, and maybe not related to your issue yesterday)

While the automation to always prevent 100% SOC has served very well, it may be useful to:

A) Use the new Seplos FW, and if it works well then disable the automation

or if that doesn't work:

B) Extend the automation to allow the SOC to hit 100% every once in a while (e.g. once every few days, but only when your house load is very low, and never between 5pm-7pm if on Smart Meter peak rate plan, etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Thanks @MAULBROOK not the same issue afaik I should have posted on the Seplos thread

@connesha yep I think it is something like this I’m confusing it’s calibration by always stopping at 96% - a new Firmware I didn’t know but that looks very interesting indeed - not sure when I’ll get to look at it but thanks for the replies all.

• Administrators Posts: 368 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭System

This discussion was created from comments split from: Solar PV Hints, Tips & Troubleshooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Is there an official seller for Seplos BMSs and can someone PM me details if there is one?

I'm considering the DIY battery route and want to make sure the BMS I'm getting is legit

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Contact them directly

Just one thing though - they ship via FedEx and so you'll be paying import charges, but they arrived in about 10 days or so.

I got even more stung because they never contacted me for payment, and then sent it to a debt collectors, so got their charge on top !!!

So maybe those who bought theirs via AliExpress may have had them drop shipped from Europe, and ended up being import charge free ??? But longer to arrive ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭spose

Import charges through AliExpress were only €15

Whey hey, I see that Seplos BMS cell monitoring has landed - https://github.com/byte4geek/SEPLOS_MQTT

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭connesha

Has anyone extended the temperature sensor cables for the Seplos BMS?

They'll only reach about 1/3 the way down the pack... would need 60cm or so on them...

I need your help, please. I have a Solis RHI-6KW and two Seplos with 32 of 280AH. My firmware is 33001F and it doesn't recognize AoBon (Bat_Namefail ). I have read that I need another firmware. I'm afraid to order one from Solis and it won't work either. What is the best firmware to put AoBo and Sofar? Can someone send me the file to do the update? Thank you very much

Have you checked each one in turn, one set and then the other set ? That would be with both Seplos units as Pack 00.

If they both work separately, singly, then your issue is with the daisy chaining of the two Seplos Units

I believe that the daisy chaining is done between RS485 ports. So the CAN port is only used by Master Seplos.

I am / was about to do the same thing, but my second Seplos is duff

Thank you championc for answering. I think there is no communication problem between the 2 Seplos. In fact when I connect the battery to the Solis in user-def mode it works fine. In posts #201, #202 and #203 they say that firmware 33001F doesn't work. I think I understand, in post #202, that the best firmware is 340022. That's why I would like to know if #340022 is the best firmware for Solis with Seplos and how to get it. Can I ask the technical service for that specific one? Does anyone on the forum have the file and can send it to me? Cheers

Already solved. My firmware version is 3A0029 and I have managed to connect as AoBo and Sofar. Everything working perfectly at the moment. Thank you

Post edited by jfdelb on

I'm confused, you are mentioning Solis and SOFAR and in the Seplos thread ???

Which is the Seplos being connected to ?

Hello championc

. I have a Solis inverter and two Seplos BMS, but for everything to work correctly I have to tell the Solis inverter that my battery is AoBo and I have to put Sofar protocol on the BMS. This combination is the one that works well for many people on the forums, and now for me too.

• Advertisement

I just did a 100% upload without any issues or alarms, and now I'm doing my first download

Advertisement