Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seplos BMS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Punchin A Keyboard

BMS v16 https://youtu.be/qjV4jPart50 Bluetooth and canbus.

Still passive balancing by the looks of things

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭irishchris

It does seem it thankfully as Andy from off-grid garage had suggested it wouldn't have it from talks with Seplos.

Wonder will the new version be compatible with the old one as was hoping to add new pack to my existing one next year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

From the Seplos salesman

"Our new BMS can add Bluetooth function,

The new ones are out now, but the Bluetooth feature is still a month away.

Our new BMS can realize automatic switching between CAN communication and 485 communication"

So it sounds like the hardware is there already but not enabled yet

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭S'

Question on the Seplos BMS to Solis CAN comms cable.

Whats the pinout on the solis inverter side?

Do you need to make up your own or will a straight cat5e Ethernet cable work?

Seplos pinout:

Post edited by S' on

11.2kWp E/W split arra. Mayo

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Straight Ethernet cable will work, it's the defacto standard now for communication cables , can L on 4 and can H on 5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Fred7631

Hi all, not sure if I missed it already but has anyone got 2 packs in parallel operational? I have two packs now with 2x Seplos BMS which talk to each other and the battery monitor software well but won't talk to my Solis together. 1 pack works fine but as soon as I set them up in parallel I get 'Can Fail' on the Inverter. Any clues?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Have you followed the dip switch protocol?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Yes, all working with the Battery Monitor software. Picks up the two separate packs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭spose

Can’t help sorry but I’m also looking to parallel 2. Do you need to try and have both packs starting from similar charge levels or would it matter if you had one in use and then added the second fully charged after balancing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭championc

Yes, this is the setup that I have. The Master (top in photo) has DIP no.5 ON and all others off, while the secondary (bottom in photo) has DIP no.1 ON and all others off. I have RS485B on each linked with a standard Cat5e patch lead.

I am connected to a Sofar ME3000

I am sure you have the DIP switches incorrectly setup, because I am unable to see PACK00 via the Battery Monitor software, but I can see PACK01. So if you can see both, there is something wrong there

• Advertisement

Thanks, also reached out to Seplos to confirm. Manual seems confusing but that's not the first time!

Seems a big oversight to not be able to monitor the first pack but it does now work at least. From time to time I will have to connect manually to pack one to check everything is ok. Shame but seems the only way to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Here's an interesting bit of software that ties in with Seplos and makes monitoring much simpler to add to the likes of Home Assistant or even an app on your phone.

Costs like 50 quid or so but might be handy for some folk.

I don't think it matters as the full pack BMS will go to standby and the next pack will continue to draw current until full afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭puntypower

Anyone know how to up the power coming from the batteries to feed the house? 10kw Battery is at 80% and only feeding 11watts to the house and I'm buying 340watt off the grid?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭con747

You need to go into the advanced settings and reset the Overdischarge SOC down to the level you want. Mine is set at 30% and Forcecharge is set to 27% because I want spare power in case of power cuts. 0010 is the password for advanced settings I think. It can be set down to about 15%.

Make sure you set Overdischarge SOC a few % higher than Forcecharge SOC

Post edited by con747 on

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Sorry for silly question but is this on the seplos BMS or the inverter? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

Hi Everyone

I'm still having issues getting my Seplos BMS and Solis inveter to play ball.

As it happens in I'm the process of adding to my 6kw array and will need to upgrade the inverter anyway (or add a second)

What inverter are people finding is working flawlessly with the seplos BMS? From what I can read that would be the sofar?

Thanks

Correct - Sofar absolutely

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

Thanks

• Advertisement

have similar where can only see one pack if laptop is connected to the 485 port on the master. If I connect to the slave bms it reads nothing and connection just times out. Is there anyway to be able to see each set?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭irishchris

I see off-grid garage have received the new seplos BMS so looks like they are available already. Bluetooth now enabled in them along with being able to use can and rs485 on same BMS and not having to order one for either one. Doesn't affect mine much but Bluetooth be handy feature. Be nice if they added better balancing in them but doesn't appear so. Need to order second one myself so may hold off few weeks and aim for one of the newer versions

I was getting "Pack01" from both BMS's

Have you get the DIP switches correctly ?

Ya dip switches are right…5 master and 1 on slave. Do you connect the cable to each to see it? If so do you do anything in between, like do you click on the break connection then move cable and click connect? Last Q, do you put anything in the target confit and pack address box

What parameters do ye use on the BMS? I've a 10kw pack and seems to be showing 100% pretty quickly I don't think getting the full range on the battery?

I have an alarm light on my Master Pack00. I just asked Seplos how I can look at the Master details, and they told me to change DIP 5 to OFF

Is the idea that you just flick off the dip switch so you can see it then switch it back when you’re done? You’d wonder why they have that section on the right with all the different pack numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 19 andyr24

Having similar issues. Seem to be only getting 6kwh outta the pack. Adjusted BMS to 200ah battery pack. Currently reading 195ah @98% charged. Voltage in cells ranging from 3290 -3325mv

Should this not be a high voltage for that state of charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 andyr24

By the way excellent thread very helpful to me so far along with the 10kwh DIY battery build.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Yeah your SOC could be way out of sync. Seems to be missing 2kwh.

Just before the pack is full, the voltages should be over 3.4(I prefer 3.5)

After an hour or so of idle, they should settle back to a high 3.3x

Advertisement