Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Seperate Unit Charges 2 seperate Daily SC

Options
  • 06-10-2021 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭

I've emailed a billing enquiry and awaiting a response, just thought I'd throw out something I've been meaning to query for quite some time.

Firstly I'm with EI for over 20 years, low user and honestly never queried bills.

The query I have relates to two different tariff Unit Charges on my Bills. 19.24 cents and 17.53 cent, the majority being the lower rate. Curiously, I also have two different standing order charges, which seem to correspond with the tariff unit prices. I would have thought daily SC would be fixed regardless of tariff unit rate being charged. In simple terms, over a 60 day billing cycle, I'm charged for example, different rates for 25 days, different rates for the remainder, just seems odd.

The above not a new thing, I've looked back and I've always been charged different rates, different daily SC.

I'm not on any particular deal, I do not have a day night meter or plan, I have the new smart meter but this has no baring on my query and I have not change plan once, over 20 years.

I am a low user but with prices increasing, I decided to dig a little deeper into billing etc. Ironically I actually pay more for levies, standing charges etc than I do for electricity.

Thanks in advance of any observations.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement