Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Normal post not being delivered

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭xeresod

No need to name your house, just put a sign with your eircode up - seen it done loads of times, anything from a sticker on the letter box to engraved slate mounted on a gate pillar!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

I know someone who had to put a house name on his address as there are several people in the area with the same first and surnames of both him and his mother. The other person refused to hand over post when he enquired if they had received one for his mother in error. She said if it had her name and address on it she was entitled to keep it, even though it was obviously for her neighbour with the same name and address. This was before Eircodes existed I should add.

I would suspect the postman as well, especially with the birthday cards. They are obvious targets to be swiped. If you've already spoken to him about your kids not getting post, then he should have no reason to be delivering it to the wrong address.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭Deeec

I think this is worth a try. Probably best not to register it as the postman probably wouldnt mess with a registered letter. I think the message inside might poke someones conscience whether its a neighbour or the postman.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,979 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Billgirlylegs

OP

Ask the postman from what delivery office your post is delivered. Write to the manager of the office outlining your problem, and provide the names of your children.

Your postman might not necessarily be "sorting" the mail for delivery, so your children's mail might be incorrectly sorted in the office. He can only deliver what he receives. Sounds like the problem is further back the chain. Use a house name if you wish, but contact the office to see if they can "sort" 😉 you out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Might sound silly but if post addressed to yourself or your husband is being delivered I would start sending a few letters to your children care of yourself or your husband. It will have both your name and your child's name so might start getting mail directed properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭Deeec

I dont believe lies in the sorting office. If the address is correct ( which it appears to be in this case ) the post should be sorted correctly regardless of the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭LapsypaCork

Agree, nobody, not even the prime suspect i.e. postman will touch it as it needs to be signed for if registered. You really need to let An Post know what’s happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Nothing is signed for since Covid. The postman just scans it as delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭pjdarcy

Yes, that is extreme IMO. I doubt this is some sort of conspiracy on the part of An Post, just a misunderstanding given the fact that there are families with the same surname in the area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement