Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage interest rate

Options
  • 06-10-2021 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

Why would I have received a letter today informing me that my mortgage interest rate is rising to 3.9%?

Yes 3.9% much higher than the market average.

I have never in the life of this mortgage or any other borrowing missed or was late with a repayment and the property is LTV is under 30%.

I work 8 to 5 weekdays and cannot find any way of contacting the bank when I am available.

Is this bank of irelands nice but indirect way of asking me to find another mortgage provider?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Mortgage Contact number is 0818 200 339

You need to shop around & swtich if you want to get a better rate.

BOI have high rates when compared with others

Also looks like that rate is lower than they even advertise

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,892 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Have you checked your original mortgage documents..you may have been on a fixed rate moving to variable after that period ran out. It's common on all mortgages

This should all be in your mortgage documentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭epfff

Tnx for the swift replies.

The problem with the contract number is the only open Monday to Friday 9-5.

I am just looking at bonkers and they seem to have providers at much lower rates. I have made appointment for next week for a competitor/cheeper provider so hopefully I can get the day off and it's hassle free to change as it looks like I would be €100plus a month better off on a small mortgage

Post edited by epfff on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi there, thanks for your post here on Boards.ie.

In order to discuss this further with a Mortgage Advisor you can certainly contact our Mortgage Team on 016113333 and one of my colleagues would be happy to discuss this with you.

Thanks, Eve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭epfff

Thank you as helpful as always by giving me a number that is only operational 9-5 when I am working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Basically they move you into a variable once the fix runs out. If you refix for a year it's 2.9% . I think rates are dropping. I'd expect in a year or two standard fixed it willbe around 2.5 . They have launched a 2% green 4 year fixed no cashback shortly.

Advertisement