Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account dispute of a deceased relative

• 06-10-2021 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi Folks,

If there is anyone here that has relevant experience /knowledge and is in a position to enlighten me on the following matter I would greatly appreciate it.

What seperate dates in recent history where the protocols surrounding survivorship and transference of deceased relatives accounts changed by bereavement departments of each of the main banks in Ireland?

In particular the implementation of a policy of requiring signatures from surviving family members to the grant of representation document.

(I believe each bank changed their own individual policies seperately in the mid 2010s but I wish to be absolutely accurate in this regard.)

If a bank is looking for a family member to sign a indemnity document for release of balances of a deceased customers account (and there is a solicitor involved) Do I have the remit to contact the bereavement department of the bank involved directly or do I have to go through the solcitor and use a reference number or code assigned to prove authentication?

If I have to go through the solcitor and I feel I have not been wisely advised have I any recourse for addressing the impasse?

Accurate advice much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

We do not provide legal advice, this is a matter to discuss with your legal advisor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement