Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revised NDP - Funding for Ireland's Broadcasting Sector

Options
  • 06-10-2021 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭

Has there any new additional funding available which was announced on Monday's launch of the revised NDP?

I did have a read of the document on Monday night which had mentioned there was funding allocated for Screen Ireland & TG4. It did say there was more Irish TV & film content to be created from this part of the sector. However; are these areas of the sector being mentioned in the document going to receive any additional funding at all this year or was it just rehashed funding for the NDP launch which happened last time back in 2018?

Also does this revised NDP plan allocate more funding allowing TG4 HD to launch on Saorview?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Nothing that I know of, but I wasn't paying attention to the NDP. I expected that the Government would have at this point announced the Future of Media Commission and that it would form part of the budget 2022.

In 2021

• RTÉ got €8m extra for the NSO
    • TG4 was its funding rise to €40m
    • Screen Ireland/Fis Eireann has seen its funding rise over the last 5 years for TV Drama and have 3 projects with TG4 (Film) and TV drama with RTÉ and VM.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

In 2022

TG4 increased funding to €45m

Screen Ireland/Fis Eireann increased to €37m

Nothing extra outlined for RTÉ AFAIK

Advertisement