Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are these white balls on my indoor plants?

Options
  • 07-10-2021 12:36am

Are these fungus or does anyone know how to deal with it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I had the same problem on a houseplant and it turned out it was mealy bugs. The recommendation is that you remove the plant to 'quarantine' so other plants don't get infected, but mine was in the middle of a load of other plants before I found it, and it didn't spread. Anyway the way to get rid of them is to spray them with soapy water, or a neem oil mixture, or touch with rubbing alcohol. I just wiped off as many as I could see so I should go back and have a look to see have they spread again, and use one of those solutions.

Thank you. Funny you mention soapy water because I sprayed the plants with soapy water a few months ago and I thought that might be the cause.

Advertisement