Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Hot Chili Peppers - June 29th 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

What is the story with resale tickets? I noticed on my Chili tickets there is not an option to resell on Ticketmaster whereas with other tickets I got for other gigs there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

I wont be able to make the gig so my ticket will be for sale if anyone needs one.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭dasdog

Just got offered a free ticket to this by my mam of all people. Politely declined, checked this thread, saw the supports acts and reversed the decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

has anyone ever seen the RCHP play a good gig? Slane years ago they were shite, lansdowne road years ago they were shite.. watched the gig they did when they filled in for the foo fighters at the new orleans jazz fest and they were shite.. I got all nostalgic for them when things were opening back up and thought this would be a cracking gig but then i remembered.. I hope I'm wrong, I hope they blow the place apart! If I was to pin point something I would say Anthony is the issue.. zero personality..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,867 ✭✭✭billyhead

I thought they were good at Slane. I saw then in the Aviva and they were good live aswell.

• Advertisement

Saw them on the One Hot Minute tour with Navarro on guitar and they were good although it was obvious he wasn't the right fit for the band.

I was at the Aviva gig which I remember being pretty good although I was more excited about getting to see New Order live that day.

I kind of lost interest in them until Frusciante rejoined but the new album is a disappointment imo.

Have a look at setlist.com (or not), I think the current setlist is a bit uninspiring even though it changes around a bit.

Hence I had no problem selling my ticket and giving this one a miss.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭fiestapower

Anyone selling 2 for this? Have friends looking to go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

The setlist hasn't been impressing me tbh. Some of my all time least favourite songs have been constant fixtures throughout the tour. The new album is good but I dont think they need to promote it by playing so many songs off it.. It makes more sense to me that they would play more songs from bssm in honour of its recent 30 year anniversary.

Compare to the g n r setlist which is a dream come true for fans

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

I remember a rather grumpy (suprise suprise) Bernard Sumner growling out to the crowd 'tell your parents you saw us' LOL - at the time I didn't really know that much about NO but they've easily become one of my favourite bands now.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

loads of tickets up on toutless for face value or less

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

saw them in 3arena few years back. rubbish gig

"I'm forever near a stereo saying, 'What the fcuk is this garbage?' " Nick Cave once said. "And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers." 😆

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Talk about going through the motions that night. No life to that gig at all.

I was looking there are recent setlists. Under the Bridge hasn't been played in last 5 gigs. Will be lots of grumbling leaving Marlay Park if the trend continues next week.

Current setlist is underwhelming in general - unless you have massive love for the new album.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Thought about going to this but then looked at the recent setlists, they are terrible and they only play for 95 minutes.

A band like that should be playing minimum 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

My brother saw them at Firenze Rocks last week and gave them 4/10. Said Anthony phoned it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

Two for sale face value drop a pm can transfer on Ticketmaster or meet at gig

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rb1993

So it looks like its gonna be an absolute washout tomorrow. Anyone know where I can get some cheap light rain gear? Maybe one of those light ponchos?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

Marathon coach is booked out....anyone know any other private buses from Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭borus22222

Do we know what time RHCP are starting?

• Advertisement

Delicious, but offers zero protection against moderate rainfall unfortunately.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭smilgy

Just now from MCD Instagram.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Hey folks - I had a ticket to sell as I cant go due to work reasons but just after getting word the person buying it no longer can take.

Anyone still looking for a ticket at face value? I can transfer via Ticketmaster and I have Revolut. Its general admission ticket.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

At Marlay Park now. Got a bus from down the county. It'll be a long wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I'm I just pissed or was there no Under The Bridge??

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Dutchy

No under the bridge but who cares. They rolled out some other classic BSSM tunes, namely Sir Psycho Sexy. Great set list - best of the tour so far imo

If you have to ask ???? Nice, almost makes me wish I'd been there. Saw them in 94, 96 and 2003. Navarro was never a good fit but some of the songs from One Hot Minute are my favourites as someone who plays bass and cycles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I was there the three nights. And they would be number 3 in order of my favs. But spot on. Best night of all of them. The intro as a guitar player was amazing.

All I could see was needles from back to future though. C'mon mcfly put your card in.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Enjoyed the night. Woukd have loved if they threw in Scar Tissue and Under the Bridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Have heard mixed reports. 1 guy said it was very flat no atmosphere.

Another guy first time seeing the chili peppers said it was good craic

Advertisement