Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I block someone whose profile is on private?

Options
  • 07-10-2021 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

As in the title. Thanks in advance

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Try replacing the username and user ID in this link with the intended one:

This is slightly speculative, as I've not tried it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ireallydontknow

Thanks for your suggestion. I don't know where to get the ID, but I seemed to be able to do something with just the name. But I can still see the person's posts. I think I'll just ignore the old fashioned way.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I must admit I can't find a method to get their user ID from a private profile. I'd suggest adding it to the bug thread in feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

You can do it from the ignore list page, enter the username in the 'Ignore Someone' box and click OK. Worked for me anyway!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Yes, that's what I have been doing as well. Just add the name manually onto your ignore list.

• Advertisement
Advertisement