Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruitment 2021 (Closed)

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Boneyard2002

staying in Gv depends on your situation etc distance and area you live in could come into situation. I personally would rather stay in but they have a curfew to get back at night

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lovelylocks

I’m over an hour away, but have kids so will have to travel. Is pay monthly or weekly?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 new22

I’m in the same boat, young children so will have to travel, I think that will be the worst bit

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Newsoph3

I'm 30 so your not alone, The wait will be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lovelylocks

My husband works away and kids are still pretty young. Don’t know how I’ll manage childcare?? But it’s all very exciting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Si_zx10r

I can't imagine the emails on Friday would give any indication of placing. Alphabetical like someone else said is more plausible. Will be interesting to see if the merit list is same size as previous campaign as i read they were looking to get 400 new recruits from this campaign. You would think if a merit list is 1050 roughly that they would have alot more than 400 appointable recruits unless they don't exhaust the list this time round. That and the budget issue, could go either way for some of us. If the budget doesn't allow for another recruitment drive over the next 12 months then maybe they will take as many as they can from this campaign to meet operational demand. I was talking to friend in police said they are really understaffed as it is.

Pay is at the last day of every month. If I remember correctly it’s around 1200 a month after tax

Yeah I have a close friend too, was told that a good number just from their district have resigned. Also take into consideration the amount of people that drop out on the first week of GV because of the realization of the job. It happens a lot. I wouldn’t see why they wouldn’t exhaust the list seeing as every month sees a good amount of resignations/ retirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Si_zx10r

I hope that's the case mate, fingers crossed we all get a fair shout at it. It does look like we are in for a long wait though but will be worth it in the end.

I don’t see why it wouldn’t be as you said, they’re crying out for more in the job. We’re in for a long train ride though. It’s all about patience and it’ll suddenly pay off for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

Yeah I’m pretty sure that’s 400 additional officers on top of the attrition rate.

They have exhausted the merit list in the past 4 recruitment campaigns so I can’t see that changing, if anything probably leave it longer til the next campaign. Can’t see another recruitment campaign for a long time.

If you look at the stats for the 2018 campaign, out of a merit list of 1053, 621 accepted offers but 426 have withdrawn their application or not passed the remaining stages, that’s quite a large number.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Narwahls

That's quite a large group to maybe fail vetting and medical. Does it give a breakdown between those who withdrew and those who failed or is it only the one figure?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

It was just the one figure. If you go to the Join PSNI website and go to the 2018 campaign tab it gives a breakdown in a pie chart format.

I'm only guessing, but I would say a solid amount of that is candidates withdrawing their application, probably because it is such a long interim period from application to getting an offer, peoples circumstances change. But don't take that as gospel, people do fail vetting/medial/Physical

• Registered Users Posts: 5 new22

Performance email through!!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭georgie1305

Not majorly blown away by my score. But a pass is a pass I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PearPhysiologist12

Had a fair idea I had done quite well in the AC and I had thankfully. I am hoping for a quick turnaround into the next stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭forumnewbie21

this is a better thread to book mark, it’s far more active and more informative than this one 👍

Advertisement