Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding Mpnr when leaving prepay power.

Options
  • 07-10-2021 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. Does anyone know where I find the Mpnr when I’m with prepay power if I want to leave them. I don’t have a bill because it’s pre pay. They are not forthcoming with it on the live chat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Phone ESB Networks at 021 238 6555.

They will be able to find it based on your address. And it's MPRN not MPNR.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Should be on your meter, shouldn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

No but if you have the meter number it speeds up their looking up the MPRN.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Ring prepay power. They will have it

• Registered Users Posts: 69,011 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If they won't give it on the phone, threaten to involve the CRU.

Otherwise, you would have had to give to the Prepay when signing up - can you remember what docs you checked at the time?

If its a rental or bought recently it'll also be on your BER cert.

• Advertisement

I actually rang the network number today as the house has a prepay power metre. They asked me for the serial number written on the main metre and gave me the mprn within a minute.

Dead easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,011 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It can occasionally not be that easy - my meter was the day half of an old day/night setup with no serial number at all. I can only assume it was on the night half that was removed!

ESBN couldn't give me any assistance at all. This was pre-Eircode so harder to pin down a house on their GIS systems though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭eggy81

Thanks folks. I’ll go for the Esbn route first later. If that doesn’t work I’ll have to ring prepay power. Opened two separate live chats last night with prepay and was ignored twice when I asked for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Going through the process of leaving them too. I found mine on the sign up document with them.

Advertisement