Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Fisherman's Friend

• 07-10-2021 9:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,332 ✭✭✭

A man was out fishing one fine day on the banks of the Shannon.

He sat there for some time, admiring the landscape and enjoying the beautiful spring weather.

Suddenly there was a pull on his line.

He struggled with his catch until finally a big salmon stuck its head out of the water.

"Leave me alone" burbled the fish.

The man, very taken aback at this, said "What? A talking fish?.

Regaining his composure, he said "What's your name?".

"Rusty", said the salmon.

They chatted for a while about the world, life, philosophy etc and then the man unhooked the fish before the fish waved with his fin and swam away.

Some years later, also fishing on the Shannon, the same man suddenly felt a pull on his line.

After much effort, the man pulled another salmon out of the water.

"Stop! Leave me alone" said the fish.

"My goodness me", said the man, It's not you Rusty is it?".

"Yes" said the fish.

"Where have you been all this time?" asked the man.

"Oh I've been living near a wreck way out in the North Atlantic, writing a book of poetry".

"Oh yes? ? said the man, "What's it called".

The fish stared at him, smiling and said "The Titanic Verses by Salmon Rusty!"

🐽

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Advertisement