Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chauffeur business

Options
  • 07-10-2021 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭

I have acquired a very nice car recently, a 2014 Jaguar XJ. I was thinking of starting up a part time Chauffeur business with it on my weekends. I need to get the spsv license first but I think I can get one without too much trouble.

What sort of money would you get for doing this sort of work ? I'd be targeting companies and professional individuals and such. I'd honestly enjoy it on a part time basis.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Check the insurance first.

Then maybe offer your services to one of the chauffeur companies who can pass jobs to you. Most companies will have a limo company they deal with who can provide services 24/7.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭dalyboy

I doubt it’s as simple as that. This is Ireland and there’s always a catch (s) to setting yourself up in business.

You have to consider insurance (which is the commercial type along with indemnity in which be sure to have a jar of KY jelly to hand)

You will need to be registered as either a sole trader or corporate entity for tax returns.

Also within the limo business (especially Ireland) there’s the cliques that you’d need to break through. Most of the limo drivers in Ireland are from prior taxi or transport related industries and are a tight knit group sharing jobs between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

companies and professionals don't have any real demand for such services at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

As with any business you have to go out there and get yourself known. I don't have any job history involving transport. I would approach companies directly myself as a private driver for hire. Shame to waste such a nice car for just personal use. As a part time thing collecting and dropping off a few people on special or business occasions sounds pretty appealing to me. The car is equipped with interior mood lights and a few wine glasses for the extra occasion. Anyways I am rambling here, thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭dalyboy

i agree with your first part of your response wholeheartedly. Being proactive and making contacts is half the battle. It sounds like your well up for the challenge too which is imperative when embarking on any business venture.

The car you have sounds fantastic. Could well be worth doing a SWOT analysis on the industry and evaluate some direct contact feedback.

Best of luck and I genuinely wish you every success.

• Advertisement
Advertisement