Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creation

• 08-10-2021 6:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭

does anyone know where they are based?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Ryath

Hong Kong. Plenty of old threads about them but hard find since boards fckd up search. I've been meaning to ask if anyone had bought one recently from them? I'm wary with how An Post are returning stuff at the minute.

I've bought two watches over the years of them. Both were under declared. First I only payed customs on that. Second DHL decided they're couldn't have been free shipping and decided to charge Customs on what they thought that should have been to!

Considering an SKX009 I can get the K model on Amazon UK for €360. It's €250 on Creation with customs and admin it's not going to be far of the Amazon price. Can get the J model on creation for €280 though which may be worth the extra €30 in the long run. I'm not to bothered myself but if I ever flip it the Japanese model does seem a little more in demand. Would prefer the SKX007 but they are even more overpriced.

Spending that much on a SKX galls though when they were less than half that a few years ago. I can get a Turtle or stretch to a Sumo for not much more which I know in nearly every way is a better watch. I really like the utilitarian looks of the SKX though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

thanks for the reply Ryath.

cant understabd the value of skx etc when compared to turtle etc

have a turtle on adverts and no questions at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12 mick e

I bought 2 watches off them a month ago a citizen gmt and seiko solar diver, total value 410 euro. Shipped via airmail, arrived in 2 weeks and didn't pay tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,673 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You were very lucky, from the last thread we had on Creation, most people did get caught for tax. I did too, and that was a few years ago. SKX009 for €130, those were the days 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭tadgho

Sorry for bump. Just looking for people's experiences of buying from Creation Watches lately. Looking at a watch costing €381 so wondering how much of a discrepancy between that figure and it's declared value by Creation is likely? Will probably go with Air Mail and take the chance it might clear customs. How much customs charge is likely if it gets stopped?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

The customs handling fee is 3.50 plus 23% of the declared value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,673 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The value as declared by the seller is not necessarily taken as the basis if it is checked and found not to be credible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

In my recent experience it hasn't been checked further than what was declared on the package.

Advertisement