Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Dave Chappelle's new special "The Closer" really transphobic?

Options
18910111214»

Comments

We don't need talk of cancel culture and the like as it's often used as a push back against people, often correctly, calling out material they find offensive.

If you're/they're offended by such material, then don't go watch it. Don't look it up on Netflix or Youtube. Don't go looking to be offended.

That's the problem with cancel culture. People go out of their way to find something to be offended over, just so they can get hyped up over complaining about it all, and then have a nice cuddle moment with their posse as they bask in the pleasure of shutting down whatever offended them for that short period of time... and then, they're off on another crusade to cancel something else.

Cancel culture should be called out for what it is. Censorship. Let people do, and say as they wish (inside the boundaries of the law) within an enclosed space, such as a venue or a TV program. TBH I haven't seen any real examples of modern cancel culture where something was cancelled "correctly" or in a perfectly justified manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

If you're/they're offended by such material, then don't go watch it. Don't look it up on Netflix or Youtube. Don't go looking to be offended.

I completely agree. The whole cancel culture thing itself is bullshit too though. If people don't like something fine. Calling it cancel culture is just dismissing criticism. We always had lobby groups against music, comedy, art etc. The cancel culture suggests people complain for a hobby. Some might but as I said you can't tell people they don't like something if they like it and vice versa. There's no cancel culture to rally against imo. It's just more all lives matter shite push back from people who dont like change.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cezanne

Open a case of beer sit down & enjoy it its fine if you are not a disturbed person. If the comedy we used to look at was aired today they would be like lemmings jumping off cliffs in tears & anger - Hicks, Carling,Pryor, Kinison to name a few !! Get a life humourless misery balls. Lacking in humour is also a failing in these eco zealots & alphabet issue lovers. So sad really an uncertain future for sure and no humour to help them cope with it the poor cnuts !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bokale

I know but they are not on their radars yet !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I guess TERFs have good taste in comedy at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bokale

• Registered Users Posts: 83,393 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

They had gender dysphoria in old native America too, and no butt lifts or capitalism involved. Was it a profit making scheme then too? What a load of hateful waffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Thomhic312

14th September 3 arena

• Advertisement
Advertisement