Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insuring a Former Public House with Lounge Bar Attached

• 08-10-2021 10:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭

Hello Everybody,

I am trying to insure a former public house (picture attached below).

It is basically a decent house with a lounge bar attached. There are two interconnecting doors which can be easily closed up as nobody is using them. The entire property is on one Eircode.

It is with FBD who are looking for €2,600 with €2,000 loading on any claim and €4,500 loading on the flat roof - in effect no cover unless a huge claim.

The value insured is €300,000 and there has never been any claims while trading.

I really want to insure the house as a residential investment property as I can let that out no problem at all.

Ideally, I would like some basic insurance on the lounge as well if possible.

I would hope this insurance should be much lower than the €2,600 FBD are looking for.

Your help or suggestions on how to insure it or who to try would be most welcome.

Regards,

Chevy RV

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Ask a broker I'd advise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Chevy RV

Hello Henry Ford III,

I have done that. They have highlighted the issues around 1 Eircode, the internal connecting doors etc and are basically not interested in the effort to get a quote because it is non-standard from what I can see.

Regards,

Chevy RV

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Do you need to apply for a change of use to the local authority?

Advertisement