Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot access my account

Options
  • 08-10-2021 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm at my wit's end. I cannot access my bank account AT ALL. I do not own a telephone - mobile or otherwise, so I do not have the means to register and activate a mobile number. Hence I am locked out of my own account! I am currently in Mexico and I cannot use my debit card at ATM's. I have zero access to my account. It is impossible to reach out to anyone at BOI. I simply want to be able to access my own bank account without a phone, mobile or otherwise.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

If customers have no smartphone, they can order a PSK https://www.bankofireland.com/physical-security-key/ to login to their account online. To arrange this, it is necessary to make an inbound call to the Team on 0035314044000. Team are available weekdays 9am-5pm. Once you have available a phone to call from, please give a call and a colleague can also check the card with you.

Just to add, when using card abroad, lower withdrawal daily limits may apply, more info here https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/ways-to-bank/mobile-banking/mobile-app/travelling-abroad/

Hoping this helps,

Many thanks,

Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ramah

Hi Alison

Thank you for getting back to me. Unfortunately this does not help. I am travelling long-term and I do not have an address, nor access to a telephone - this is my dilemma. I need to be able to access my account.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi, we're sorry to see this.

We would ask customers to ensure you have contact details, phone and address etc. up to date in the event we would need to contact you regarding account for different purposes including change of services, policies etc. It would be standard policy to have this information made available to us on an active account.

The only option going forward would be to make a call when you can locate a device to call from and the Team can help you with PSK although you will need to provide an address to post this to. They can take this amendment on the call for you.

Many thanks

Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ramah

Hi Alison

Again thank you for getting back to me. Again I do not own a telephone at all - landline or mobile. So a contact number is not something I can provide, at all. My account is active or to the best of my knowledge it is! Now I am even more concerned about my account. I will not have access to a temporary address until April 2022. So it seems I am somehow unable to access my own bank account until then? I cannot even use my debit card!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Thanks for getting back to us here. We understand this. However since changes have been made in Eu regulation and as a result of the introduction of Strong Customer Authentication, customers are required to have either the mobile app installed on a registered device or a Physical Security Key. Should you wish to log into the account or use the card for the account we would suggest calling when possible from another device. Thanks Jen

• Advertisement
Advertisement